Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What tbs for 1.8 zetec
Mj2326

posted on 23/11/14 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
What tbs for 1.8 zetec

Hi I'm looking to upgrade my standard set up to throttle bodies I've purchased the megasquirt v3 ms2 now which throttle bodies will best suit my 1.8 zetec uprated cams. I've read the gsxr are suitable but which k number? From what I've read the k1 or k2 will be easier due to the spacing is this correct? Please advise thanks
big-vee-twin

posted on 23/11/14 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR600 K1

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Mj2326

posted on 23/11/14 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate will keep my eyes out
FASTdan

posted on 23/11/14 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR750 or 1000 - K1/K2 are individual castings (keihin manufacture) so can be split into four. Later ones (K3--> are cast as pairs (mikuni manufacture) so can only be split in the middle. The later ones tend to be cheaper as they are less desirable.

If you need a manifold, or any other components to aid the conversion drop me a message. We can make manifolds to suit any of them.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mj2326

posted on 23/11/14 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ok yea thanks I'm currently bidding on gsxr 600 k1 on ebay some 1 has already put me onto you for a manifold was gonna see what tbs I bought then get in touch. So what tbs would you go for if you was in my position
SPYDER

posted on 24/11/14 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
Jenvey's website would suggest that GSXR600 tbs will be large enough for your 1.8 Zetec.

38mm up to 184 hp.

CLICK HERE

FASTdan

posted on 24/11/14 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Thats very true - if you are not chasing mega power then the 38mm GSXR600 bodies can be picked up much cheaper and will give a very nice driveable engine. These can be harder to space though due to the fuel rail being a single piece aluminium casting (the K1 GSXR750/1000 have a much simpler fuel rail assy that can be easily modified).

Basically K1/K2 42mm bodies are ideal - re-spaced you have straight runners, tapered 42mm lightweight bodies....it doesn't get much better. But more costly due to the higher prices they command and the extra work involved in re-spacing. However, going with K3 onwards (or GSXR600) you can probably save £200 in cheaper bodies and no spacing work (the manifold is only £30 more expensive with cranked runners to suit standard spacings). You might see a small loss in power (and it really is small) due to different length runners (its tiny, despite what some people might say... its 2-3mm on your average manifold!!).

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mj2326

posted on 24/11/14 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks again for all the info just when I thought I knew what throttle bodies I needed I'm confused again ha. Well looks like my mind has been made up ive just won gsxr 600 k1 throttle bodies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.