Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Changing dash instruments
designer

posted on 24/11/14 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Changing dash instruments

I have the standard block of Sierra instruments and I want to change to something more modern. What are others using?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 24/11/14 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
on these type of cars, separate round dials look best. you would need speedo, rev counter, temp and fuel gauges as a minimum.

there are many after market makes or even the old smiths jaeger gauges used in older british cars mgv, spitfire - depends on how much you want to spend.

you would need to match the senders for the fuel and temp gauages and have some means to drive the speedo, a mechanical or electronic one.

there have been some good efforts to recreate separate gauges using the dashboard type you describe.

big-vee-twin

posted on 24/11/14 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Smiths

[img] clocks
clocks
[/img]

[Edited on 24/11/14 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

sdh2903

posted on 24/11/14 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on budget/style/function.

I really like the stack stuff but its pricey. Dash2 is another top bit of kit. Lower down the digidash budget and people have good things to say about Acewell.

I ended up with stack but in the more traditional round gauges rather than the all in one dash.

dash
dash

The Black Flash

posted on 25/11/14 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Depends on budget/style/function.

I really like the stack stuff but its pricey. Dash2 is another top bit of kit. Lower down the digidash budget and people have good things to say about Acewell.

I ended up with stack but in the more traditional round gauges rather than the all in one dash.

dash
dash

The Stack round electric gauges (not the pro stepper motor stuff, the normal ones) are very comparable, price wise, with smiths and etb and vdo and the rest, as they include sensors. Maybe 2 or 3 pounds more but not much in it in total. I think it pretty much depends which ones you prefer the look of tbh.

I used them plus an Acewell speedo which I was really pleasantly surprised with. Easy to use and well made.

OP - the "dashboard layout" sticky in the interior forum is really good for ideas: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/30/viewthread.php?tid=64223

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.