Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sylva J15 For Sale
Parky

posted on 7/12/14 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Sylva J15 For Sale

Hi all,
I've decided to go in a different direction ( yet again!!!) and so my Sylva J15 Track car is up for sale. Car has been raced successfully in 750 MC BEC series and was fitted with Honda Fireblade. It is now available minus engine (although I do have a complete ZX10 engine available if anyone is interested. Car could also be fitted with a car engine as the J15 was originally designed for a ford powerplant I believe.
Send me a message if interested and I'll whizz you some pics, looking for £2750 ono
Cheers
Parky
07861 996703

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

scootz

posted on 7/12/14 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Message sent...

It's Evolution Baby!

Parky

posted on 7/12/14 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Photos sent to all those showing interest so far, thanks
A bit more info:

Engine. The RGB series is for bike engined cars and the car's engineered for a Honda CBR1000RR engine. It raced it most recently with an '08 engine and previously with an '07 one. You'd be able to fit almost any bike engine. In fact, you'd even be able to convert it to a car engine, as was the original intention of the designer. Jeremy Phillips, of Sylva, would likely be able to assist with this.
Differential. If using a bike engine then you could use the original transmission which requires a Quaife chain driven diff. You'd also need a chain and sprockets.
Exhaust system. Depending on the engine choice you'll need to add an exhaust.
Radiator, a normal kit car style radiator will do, such as the VW ones that are often used. I'll include one of these with the project but it's not fitted.
Brake calipers. The braking system is engineered to use Wilwood Powerlite calipers as available from Rally Design.
Brake master cylinders
Switch gear and instruments
Gear change. I'll include a long push/pull cable that would help if using a bike engine. The change itself, though, needs to be re-engineered.
Engine cover. Depending on the engine choice you'll likely have to remodel the rear deck to accommodate the engine.
Seat belts, extinguisher, etc, as required by the application
Shocks are AVO adjustables, seat is as in photo , Wheels are 13" and fitted with 205 /60/13 Yoko 048s
I have brand new zx10 clocks and low mileage zx10 race engine if you are interested.
Car is in Sheffield
Cheers
Parky
07861 996703

ceebmoj

posted on 7/12/14 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Is it Tim hoverds old car? if so there are a lot of photos on his blog.

http://hoverd.org/Tim/tag/j15/

jeffw

posted on 8/12/14 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
It was the only one that raced in RGB so that would be logical.

sam919

posted on 9/12/14 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Was it this roller for two grand?

Advertised elsewhere around a year ago

Continuing our theme of Customer BECs for sale - heres a nice cheaply priced project for someone with space in there lives for a Christmas build - Tim Hoverds J15 RGB car - this has been heavily modded for racing and is a rolling chassis to which you will need to add brakes, engine pack, instrumentation and various bits and pieces to get back on track.
It has engine mounts for 06/07 blade and 08/09 blade and whilst not immaculate it will build up quick and easy into a nice trackday/ racecar and at £2k you cant really lose - the chassis and cage would cost that

Parky

posted on 25/1/15 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Any interest out there?
Parky
07861 996703

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.