Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone at snetterton trackday 6th dec, interesting arguement
will121

posted on 8/12/14 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
anyone at snetterton trackday 6th dec, interesting arguement

Was anyone at track day at snetterton this weekend?? Seems a interesting argument, supprised it wasn't picked up early and stopped by officials

[Edited on 8/12/14 by will121]

gaz_gaz

posted on 8/12/14 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Few chavs arguing isn't particularly interesting
bi22le

posted on 8/12/14 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
So what was it all about?

I went to brands a few years back a two bikers had a proper fight. It was like ice hockey. Their mates just mediated it. At the end they walked away and carried on their day. They were sharing a pit!!

That was all over some last ditch over taking and line stealing. Something that is rife on bike days, no over taking rules it seems.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

eddie99

posted on 8/12/14 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I was there on the day but didn't see it happen.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 8/12/14 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
E46 M3.... Trackday chavvery always seems to involve one!

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mark chandler

posted on 8/12/14 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Looked like he was trying to impress his girlfriend, maybe the other way around
jeffw

posted on 8/12/14 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
There is a lot more too this.....

The Clio was following the M3 down Bentley Straight when the M3 overtook the Civic these pair where driving and a Audi....The Clio, being driven by a racing driver, did the Civic up the inside of Brundle and then took the Audi in the next corner. All very close stuff and not at all in line with the briefing that they all would have had. Civic driver isn't terrible happy which leads us to the video above.

The M3 onboard is on youtube and he has front and rear cameras, hence you can see the Clio being a numptie and forcing past the Civic.

Civic driver is a muppet but the Clio was being stupid. Watch from around the 1min mark

[Edited on 8/12/14 by jeffw]

loggyboy

posted on 9/12/14 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
There is a lot more too this.....

The Clio was following the M3 down Bentley Straight when the M3 overtook the Civic these pair where driving and a Audi....The Clio, being driven by a racing driver, did the Civic up the inside of Brundle and then took the Audi in the next corner. All very close stuff and not at all in line with the briefing that they all would have had. Civic driver isn't terrible happy which leads us to the video above.

Civic driver is a muppet but the Clio was being stupid. Watch from around the 1min mark

[Edited on 8/12/14 by jeffw]

This has discussed on the Clio forums, as the BMW is a member and ex clio owner I beleive.
2:05 is the magic moment, but the clio only over takes the civic, and had made his move way before the braking zone. But end of day he should have backed off once the civic showed no signs of doing so. The clio didnt overtake the audi, he sat in behind him, then the Civic retook the clio on the inside (wrong side) of the following bend.

[Edited on 9-12-14 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

jeffw

posted on 9/12/14 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Well....it is a track day and the racing driver in the Clio has made a bad decision. If you are the Civic driver you are following a slower car into a braking zone waiting for the next straight....when the Clio throws it into a closing gap between you and the Audi into the corner.

If he had done that to me I'd would have had words with the TDO. Doesn't excuse the pitlane nonsense but it was the spark for it.

[Edited on 9/12/14 by jeffw]

adithorp

posted on 9/12/14 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Well....it is a track day and the racing driver in the Clio has made a bad decision. If you are the Civic driver you are following a slower car into a braking zone waiting for the next straight....when the Clio throws it into a closing gap between you and the Audi into the corner.

If he had done that to me I'd would have had words with the TDO. Doesn't excuse the pitlane nonsense but it was the spark for it.

[Edited on 9/12/14 by jeffw]

+1

Unless the Civic indicates to be overtaken, the Clio is in the wrong. Now we all might "anticipate" the signal at the start of a straight, but jumping up the inside under brakes (and diving back onto the line in a small gap) without a VERY clear indication is another matter and likely to get you thrown off the track.

For the Civic driver any argy-bargy on the track or in the pit after are pointless. Let them go and report to the TD organisers.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

DannyScarbro

posted on 9/12/14 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
We was there in the f20 engined mx5, had a great day and have to say the track eticate was very good all day for us.

We saw a few people shouting about but thought nothing of it, we did ask one of the guys from one group to borrow his foot pump later in the day who said we could but only if we danced for him....we went to the next pit!

Video of the last session!

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a1KsnvaL47I[/youtube]

Dan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.