Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Start of build and fuel return question
Pojo

posted on 10/2/15 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Start of build and fuel return question

After many months of trial fitting and removal of Luego powder coating, the Viento is back from paing and i at last feel like I am starting to build something.

My question is that i notice on several posts, people mention fitting a restrictor in the swirl pot to tank return pipe, creating some back pressure to protect the low pressure pump from constant running and overheating. is this the collectives opinion on fitment and size of hole plus any suggestions of what to use? Any thoughts appreciated

Cheers

pewe

posted on 10/2/15 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
I put a short length of brake pipe with a flared end to stop it migrating in the return side to reduce the flow.
Not very scientific but seems to work.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe10

Pojo

posted on 10/2/15 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Pewe, thats sound like a nice simple solution.
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 10/2/15 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
there is a longish post on here with serveral suggestions,, can't find it now! but another one mentioend was a m8 bolt shaft, with a drilled hole through the middle. Am going to add either of these options to my setup too.

I just frustratingly cracked the housing of my FPR, before I buy antoher one, what one have you used there?

Also is your HP Pump level, below the output of the Swirl pot? do you know if it will run higher up?
(thinking my swirl pot has to go at the bottom of the boot, but the pump could do with being a little higher, deciding if i buy a swirl bot base mounted or side mounted)

cheers, Chris

rusty nuts

posted on 10/2/15 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've run my car with a swirl pot etc without any restriction in the return without any problem with the Facet low pressure pump apart from a blocked profiler for about 7years now.
Pojo

posted on 11/2/15 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Chris & Rusty nuts.

Chris, the PRV is R & D, supplied by Nothampton motorsports and as you can see in photo, swirl pot output is well above HP pump input.

Would suggest that pump inlet should be no higher than the swirl pot feed

Cheers to all for suggestions

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.