Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Timing belt tensioner - missing plate
Rena

posted on 7/4/15 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Timing belt tensioner - missing plate

Hi,

I have problems with the timing belt tensioner. It looks like I´m missing the plate where the tensioner pin should been inserted.
I have a Zetec 2,0 l with engine-code EDDC.

The blue circle shows the part plate I´m missing. Is there any other pullet that will work or do I have to get the plate? Anyone who knows the part-number?

The red circle is where the pin should be inserted.

DW100

posted on 7/4/15 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
If you buy a proper cambelt kit, it will come with all new tensioners and guides.
Rena

posted on 7/4/15 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DW100
If you buy a proper cambelt kit, it will come with all new tensioners and guides.

Yes I know! But I still miss the plate!
The tensioner is still the same.....

obfripper

posted on 7/4/15 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Is this what you're missing?

I assume your engine is a later plastic rocker cover type as you have no guide pulley where you have a pink circle.
The earlier engine has a guide pulley there, and different thread sizes for the tensioner.
Your best option is a scrapyard/secondhand item, i don't know what the part no is for this plate.
It does look like someone has scrapped having cambelt covers, and so has cut the top half of the plate off.

Dave

Dusty

posted on 8/4/15 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
EDDC engine is a late blacktop from a focus. There is a minor problem that will cause slight uncertainty in setting the tension but perfectly do-able. The backplate provides a hole for the bent tensioner arm, that's all. The backplate is held in position by the mounting shafts of the idler and tensioner pulleys and also two bolts which would have been in the bit that has been chopped off. The plate should still mount OK but its position may be a couple of degrees out. There should be a pointer also on the tensioner which moves to align with the bent arm when the tension is correct. I post a pic of mine (on an ST but basically the same) which shows it more clearly. As far as I can see the plate is able to do its job if it's fixed in place. I have no idea what pin you want to stick in the other hole.
[img] ST Tensioner
ST Tensioner
[/img]

[Edited on 8/4/15 by Dusty]

Rena

posted on 8/4/15 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
First of all, its not my engine at the picture. I took the picture from another forum. The pink circle is nothing a ask anything about cause it was at the original picture.

I'm looking for the backplate, if it possible to buy or if I have to go to the scrapyard.

Another solution would be if there's a tensioner which doesn't need the hole in the backplate.

Rena

posted on 20/4/15 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I have now got the plate!
I trip to the scrapyard and it was mine!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.