Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: radiator caps - different depths
aka Keith

posted on 28/5/15 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
radiator caps - different depths

following on from my other post re overheating, I thought that I would change the rad caps as the first port of call on the repair process.

Now I thought that I had a Micra K10 radiator, (sorry do not know the engine size) and was just double checking the details before ordering.

I measured up the current cap dimensions and everthing seems fine except the depth. There appears to be k10 caps that are 24mm deep and others that are 26 mm deep and others that are 28mm deep - for the same radiator for the same model of micra.

Now I admit it was very very early this morning when I measured the current cap, and it looked like it was 26mm or 28mm deep to me.

Do I assume that my cap was originally 28mm and has just been compressed over time?
I assume that I should not use the thinner caps (the 24mm or 26mm), but would like confirmation.

All have the same pressure rating.

thanks, in the seven years that I have had the car , this is the first time that I have had to muck about with the cooling and feel a little lost.

Cheers
Craig

[Edited on 28/5/15 by aka Keith]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.