Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Courts (the furniture shop)
Avoneer

posted on 5/12/04 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Courts (the furniture shop)

Hi,
I got my leather suite a couple of months back on 9 months interest free and then pay the balance or pay in bits.
Anyone know if i've got a free suite?
Cheers,
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mikey G

posted on 5/12/04 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Doubt it, these are normally set up through a seperate credit agency and not directly with the shop. the agency would have paid the shop the money at the point of sale and you would then pay the agency back.

Mike

Mark Allanson

posted on 5/12/04 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
I think that court sell the debt to a credit company immediately. Best bet now is to say that the goods are faulty, and you want a replacement.. which they cannot do - obviously

You could come out of it with a free suite!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

stephen_gusterson

posted on 6/12/04 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
mikey is correct

when i bought mine, its passed over to tricity finance who take the payment when the free period elapses.

I think these companies will be used to sharp practice.

having your credit rating fall sub zero and threat of court action might make trying to avoid paying slightly painful........

atb

steve

nicklondon

posted on 6/12/04 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
when i bought my furinture from them in august their computer system was taking payments twice off of every credit and debit card! and it was doing it for aleast a month!
splitrivet

posted on 6/12/04 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Steve and Mike are spot on .What the credit agency work on is that if you dont pay up before the free period,they'll then bang you with a ridiculous interest rate.You'd have had to fill in a Direct debit mandate so if you forget to pay, whammo they've gotcha.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

ned

posted on 6/12/04 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
you can always get your bank to cancel the direct debit, it is your right to do so, though you may fall into arrears

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 6/12/04 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
spend a very interesting 2 quid on the equifax site.

they will send you within a couple days your full credit report. Dont be tempted to buy online - whatever they say, the 2 quid one is better.

I applied for one as six months ago, vodafone refused me a contract. I was gobsmaked - my credit has no probs.

Just wait and see whats on it.

they know where I live now, and 16 years ago. How long ive been a reg voter in my area. All the loans - current and finished - ive had in the last six years, and the balances on them. All the credit cards you have and the balances on them. all credit applications / card applications you have made. and much more. And of course my mortgage.

The only reason I could see for being refused, was that on one credit card, Id missed (thro lazyness, and my wife throwing a bill away by mistake) 2 credit card payments in a row, about a year back. The system logs EVERY month you pay on a card, as to if you payed on time, or how many months late you were.

You default or cause a problem on a Courts payment, it will come right up on your credit record, which will be checked just about every time you want the tinyest loan or credit.

its not worth it.

atb

steve

[Edited on 6/12/04 by stephen_gusterson]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.