Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Road-legal Stuart-Taylor Locoblade in Portugal
Joao Basso

posted on 23/7/15 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Road-legal Stuart-Taylor Locoblade in Portugal

Hello everyone,

I'm selling my 2001 Stuart-Taylor Locoblade.

This car is road legal in Portugal and may be of interest to a Portugal based Lowcost builder.

It uses the std 900cc 128hp honda engine, has a reverse box, LSD, adjustable dampers, cable adjustable brake bias, complete roll cage, barnet clutch, aquosump oil system, and some other interesting bits.

It has been used mostly in trackdays but I'm a carefull and gentle driver. No over-reving in down-shifts, always warmed engine before going in the track, and so on.

It needs some aesthetic work to look like a caterham but it is very close.

I will send pictures by email on request. You can see some of the trackdays I did in youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq2WG-QGk74
No need to say that it is serious fun out there on the track.

Price... well, I want a fair value but I'm not shore of what is fair so I'm happy to discuss the subject with a potential buyer.

Thank you for reading

Kind regards

Joao

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

CosKev3

posted on 24/7/15 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds nice
Out of interest what diff ratio is it running?
When your going up through the gears why are you using the clutch?Much faster gear changes to be had changing up clutch less

Joao Basso

posted on 24/7/15 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Sounds nice
Out of interest what diff ratio is it running?
When your going up through the gears why are you using the clutch?Much faster gear changes to be had changing up clutch less

Hi CosKev,

I'm running the longest diff ratio available for the English axle - 3.54 :1 I believe. I had to replace it some years ago and I'm sure I bought the longest available. On the GPS recording it does 199.9 kph at engine cut in 6th gear. In Estoril and Portimão, when there is no wind or it blows in the right direction, the engine gets to the revs cut in the end of the main strait.

I always use the clucth, even in upshifts. My strategy is to be kind with the car and try to get all the lap time from the driving.
In that film , the clutch seems to be sliping a bit but now I have a barnet clutch kit and it no longer does it.

Thanks for your comments!

Joao

craig5

posted on 24/7/15 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
i paid 6K for mine but much more along the tuned road than youre just as a guide price

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.