Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bosch 044 Wiring
T66

posted on 30/7/15 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Bosch 044 Wiring

I have a loom from Alan in Spain, The loom has my EWP & Water/Meth pump on their own relays, but as I have just noticed today (but fekkin late) there is no fuel pump wires or relay. The pump I am using is a Bosch 044, so can anyone give me some help on creating a safe new addition to the loom to put 12v at the pump ?

Build is still ticking along, but my absolutely tord shift pattern ensures I feel sh1te permanently, never see my wife and just spend my rest days recovering from the tord pattern driving me to an early grave......

Apart from that all good here, and hope your all ok.

Ivan

jollygreengiant

posted on 30/7/15 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
All you need is to take a supply or splice a supply off of the ignition live supply [i.e. the live supply that goes to the coil(s)] to a relay and from the relay to the fuel pump, as you ONLY want the pump running when the engine is running.

HTH's

ATB

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

T66

posted on 30/7/15 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
I thought there was a bit of trickery required, hate electricity I do not understand it. However having looked at diagrams and doubted myself, you have confirmed I want ign1 to switch the relay to the pump. Will an inline fuse be ok seeing as Alan hasnt covered that either \?

luke2152

posted on 30/7/15 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah small fuse (5a) on the relay coil (switch). Big fuse (20a) on the power into the high current side. Nothing wrong with inline fuses. Make sure you use 20a or so wire as the 044 is a big pump.
jeffw

posted on 30/7/15 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
I would normal expect the ECU to control the switching of the relay for the HP fuel pump, at least mine does.

T66

posted on 30/7/15 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
I would normal expect the ECU to control the switching of the relay for the HP fuel pump, at least mine does.

Just looked , it does ! thanks for the timely reminder

Dusty

posted on 31/7/15 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
And that switching is likely to be an earth switch, not live.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.