Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: insurance and charity donations....
vindicator

posted on 24/9/15 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
insurance and charity donations....

Afternoon All,

Sorry about this but I am just fuming.....

Had a phone call from my insurance company about renewal. Price in ok, except for the bit that says Charity Fund......

Now, the phone call started with the price going up as I have not got NCB protection, i'll just add that on for you.....NO, I don't want it....everyone else has it......No,No,No,...... well it is up to you if you don't want it....(have not had it on my kit car for the past 6 years) and while you are on what is this charity fund.....it's money we give out that is not part of you insurance premium......

Well after downloading my mileage declaration form.....I asked for a list of charities that received donations.....and emailed it back

Got an email back:

Thank you for your email and mileage declaration form. The charity donation is given to a range of local charities in the Cambridgeshire area. Please note that this amount is deducted from our monies, this isn’t an extra charge to you however we have to legally show on our premium breakdown where the money is distributed.

And another one:

Sorry, I mean that we take the amount from the premium and choose to donate that to charity, so this is taken from our Broker’s charge and not charged to our customers in any way.

Is it me....or does everyone else agree that I am still contributing to the Cambridge Local charity's (sorry for anyone on here who lives in Cambridge!!). I give to charity's that are close to my heart, (Ex Army vets will know what I mean!!!)...And if the said insurance company can give money to charity, does that mean their charges are too high.......

Rant over....got to get a cold drink.....

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

adithorp

posted on 24/9/15 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Is the premium reasonable? If so take out the policy and if not take your money elsewhere. How the company choose to spend their profit/comision should be no concern. Would you object if you found out the director was going on a cruise; Must be making too much money?

Only reason I can see for them telling you is and listing it might be so there's no insurance premium tax on that bit or to make them appear a more caring company w community.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

gaz_gaz

posted on 24/9/15 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Fuming? I hope not, Who cares what they spend their money on,

The NCB bit, I've never used NCB on a kit, always told it isn't required.

vindicator

posted on 24/9/15 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yes of course the £10 was not to cover NCB, but some other protection, but I fail to see why they did not include it on the renewal notice in the first place....it's like going to fill up with petrol and the garage says you now need some oil, charging you for it and not give you anything in return.

As for the charity fund, this was on top of the premium. If some company asks for an amount then ok, that is to help the company survive. But then to add some more money on top and say that is for our charity fund and we know were we are going to put that.....no thank you....

If the insurance company takes 2000 policy's in a year, that is £4000 off other people to put in this fund and yes it make the insurance company look great....

It would have been better to ask if I would like to contribute to their charity fund, but then again would they make the £4000 off the 2000 policy's...I don't think so.....

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

owelly

posted on 24/9/15 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Don't get me started on insurance.........
The £100,000 worth of 'Legal Protection' isn't quite what it says. I need a bit of legal advice but the Lawyers who are employed by my insurers have told me that I have to have an accident to be able to use the legal protection and then it only covers me against third party costs..... So not legal cover at all then?!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.