Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bad customer service everywhere
mk85

posted on 29/12/15 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Bad customer service everywhere

Now am only 30 but I've noticed the past 5/6 years everywhere has poor customer services.

Anyone else noticed this

tegwin

posted on 29/12/15 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a very vague and sweeping statement, any examples?

Maybe your expectations are just too high

Id agree though that a lot of places, Garages, machine shops etc struggle to communicate and behave in a "gentlemanlike manner"... but perseverance has lead me to find quite a few decent places over the years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

vonmoogen

posted on 29/12/15 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Don't get me started. I was ranting about the bad customer service and incompetence before Christmas. So no you're not the only one.

Rob

chillis

posted on 29/12/15 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
John Lewis online - incompetent and a truly dismal customer service experience. Offered no compensation or apology for their F**k up almost seemed as though they were blaming me for ordering from them! and it was they who lied to me! Was more expensive had only ordered from them as everyone says if you have a problem they get it sorted - not online they don't as they don't seem to give a F**k.
Sadly this seems to be the case generally these days. Name and shame on facebook seems to be the only way these days

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

mk85

posted on 29/12/15 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Booked a wedding venue and reserved 30 rooms as part of the deal. They then booked out the rooms and only managed to give us 18 rooms.

Bought a head unit in Halfords told them that I needed a Sat nav. They told me that this Sony one was the best for my budget. Went home fitted it turned out it had no Sat nav. Went to return it told I couldn't have my money back as I had fitted the unit.

Suit hire company for the wedding forgot to get the wait costs so I me have to go back for the 3rd time to attempt to collect the suits. Explained that me and my missus are both self employed so time of cost us greatly.

That's just this week

nick205

posted on 29/12/15 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
You have a point.

I recently replied to a friends "like Tesco" post of Facebook, commenting that I didn't like Tesco. Tesco customer services replied within moments asking why I didn't like them - personal choice in my case. Why do they have automated systems to do this shonky job!

mk85

posted on 29/12/15 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
I just never remember having this many problems. I bought my own place at 20 so nice been In the big wide world long enough to know how it all works.

Just seems like everything gets harder to sort out involves more phone calls and letters ect ect

Slimy38

posted on 29/12/15 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Oddly enough, I've just come back from the worst meal I've ever had. Their response after receiving an earful was two £5 vouchers, that I have to use in the next two months on two separate visits.

By the way, does anyone want any free £5 vouchers for a meal out? Lovely place, honest...

David Jenkins

posted on 29/12/15 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Lately I've taken to shopping at local businesses - I've already made my views known here about places like B&Q so I voted with my feet. Instead I go to places like Partridges of Hadleigh, a family business that's been serving the local community since Adam was a lad. And surprise, surprise - their prices are often cheaper than B&Q! Also, I get personal service, a conversation with the sales person, and a range of stuff that the big retailers don't deign to keep in stock. Elmers in the fringes of Ipswich is a similar place.

Excuse the local references, but I believe it's the same in many out-of-town businesses - it's worth giving them a fair chance.

As for bad service - my wife and I stopped at a Premier Inn for a couple of nights just before Christmas. We were being fed by my mother-in-law so food wasn't a problem, but we went back for a drink before we went to bed. Got served by jobs-worth bar staff, paid just over £6 for a pint of Guinness and a half of lager, and the beer was short-measure and not very good.

On our return we had an on-line questionnaire to fill in - I gave full details...

[Edited on 29/12/15 by David Jenkins]

coozer

posted on 29/12/15 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
I've given various click n collects a workout this Xmas for my present shopping.

Tesco, good service to my tiny local corner shop in 2 days.
Asda, ordered 10pm Sunday night, picked up 2pm the next day.
Argos, nothing I wanted was in stock.....
Curry's, instant click n collect took 10 days.... Appears they use DPD as a courier so won't be using that again.

I've been using the eBay argos collection service for a while now and its all good seeing as I work nights and can't hear the postman when I'm snoozing...

I've faced one sales assistant this year and she looked loverly but was as miserable as sin. I much prefer the online shopping....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

joneh

posted on 29/12/15 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Guess so, depends on the company. Jeep are awful. Never return calls or emails. Make shite cars that fall apart etc etc... See my other rants on Jeep.

But on the other side: NEXT were very good with me, I got a security tag needle through the tyre of my kiddie buggy, so moaned to the manager. She took all our details and said customer services would be in touch, and to their credit they phoned within an hour, paid for the repair and gave us a £10 gift card.

I didn't have a puncture repair kit on me and didn't fancy pushing a flat buggy, so popped round the corner from NEXT into Solent Cycles who sorted it on the spot for me.

perksy

posted on 29/12/15 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'd agree that generally customer service has deteriorated in the last year or so, I find I have to chase companies now where I didn't have to before

Had a recent battle with VictoriaPlumb, but don't get me started on that one

joneh

posted on 29/12/15 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Had a massive row with Currys once. My tele went wrong and they took it away for repair. It got delivered back after about 4 weeks. The drivers basically dumped it in and ran, with a parting gesture of keep the box in case it has to go back again. Righto...

Peeled the bubble wrap off to find a hole going right through the whole tv that I could fit my arm through. Looks like they drove a fork lift prong through it! The annoying thing is the bubble wrap was intact, so they knew, just wrapped it up and sent it out anyway! Tossers!

BenB

posted on 29/12/15 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I think the issue often is that before you speak to anyone who would actually pass a Turing test you have to deal with the undead zombies who just regurgitate totally unconnected and irrelevant facts whilst ignoring everything you tell them. I spent the last six months having such "conversations" with EDF Energy about my old garage. Despite numerous requests to escalate the matter they chose not too until I sent them a copy of the letter I was sending to Ofgem and giving them one last chance to escalate it as per their own complaints process. Never had to send that letter- the next day I got six phone calls wanting to speak from the executive director and £100 off the bill. Nice! I was so happy to finally have some interactions with someone resembling a sentient being I sent them a Christmas present I suspect it helped the day I sent the letter was the day Ofgem Whooparsed Npower for mucking people around in exactly the same way- something I might have mentioned in the final e-mail
mk85

posted on 29/12/15 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
I don't want to come across as someone who sounds like he is out to moan about stuff in the hope of something for free or just because i like to moan. But the last year has been the worst.

Fridge broke days out of warranty called AO.Com up and they refused to help. Informed they about the eu 2 year warranty on all electrical goods. Thats still on going. After being told well it is a year old now. I tried to explain that a fridge shouldn't be expected to last one year at 480. Still trying to sort that

Took me 9 months to sort out vodaphone double charging me every month. Ended up getting the ombudsman involved with that.

Booked a video guy for our wedding he cancelled this week as he has been offered a job closer to home!!!!!

We went away last xmas to Mauritius. The people and the staff where fantastic. One day my missus left a light jacket down by the pool. I went down to find it once we realized. I was stopped by a member of the staff and told they had taken it to the cleaners and would return it to our room for us dry cleaned. They had recognized us and took it upon them selfs to do it. I saw they guy the next day and tried to give him $10 us dollars as a thank you. He refused to take it. I had to ask him to take it and use it for flowers for his wife or treats for his kids.

Just seams like customer service now is just something that isnt a propriety.

Adamirish

posted on 30/12/15 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
One recent experience springs to mind. I made a few Internet orders just before Xmas trying to get things sorted. An engine stand and a set of tyres for the other halfs car. All in all about £250 worth. I had them sent to work. Supposed to arrive on Tuesday, they didn't. Wednesday is extremely busy with a lot of public about. I went home at 4pm to eat and shower before going back to work.

4.30 I get a phone call from the office saying there is a set of tyres and a big box been left on the yard(in amongst all the public) and they have got someone to go and keep an eye on it. I ran over and gave the driver a royal bollocking for leaving a lot of monies worth of stuff in the middle of a big yard full of people that would quite happily chuck them in their boot and say nothing. His excuse in broken English was it was heavy. Get stuffed, the bloke was built like a brick sh*thouse. He was not one bit bothered. Started his van and drove off. That was yodel by the way! Bellend!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.