Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 5VY Engine(s)
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
R1 5VY Engine(s)

I have two R1-5VY's available.

The Standard Engine:

Extremely fresh, in fact, difficult to describe it, faultless. What it is not, is one of those examples that's been dragged down the road on its side... plenty of those around if you want a cheap engine. I don't know a great deal about it's history, but it came as a package with the instruments (less than 200 miles shown) from a motorcycle that was otherwise being prepared for something that didn't require the engine. Bought as a spare unit, quickly tested in the car, mapped (PCIII) and retired.

It can be sold as a complete ready-to-go package, simply supply fuel and 12V. The loom is for a single seater engine-only install, ECU at the front, nothing but engine at the rear, you'd need to shorten it (unless you have a midi) or simply coil it. It's not unruly spaghetti and presents no error codes whatsoever. Standard ECU, etc., as I say, just add 12V and fuel.

As a complete package £1600.

The Race Engine:

Ported, 3-way cut seats, APE valves, retainers etc. Standard cams retained for torque. JE Pistons, Carrillo rods, balanced crankshaft/rotor assembly, usual uprated clutch assembly, etc. etc. Basically a damn good little race unit. Paperwork for the engine build, many thousands of your earth pounds. It's had half a season of hillclimbing, quite successful, so it's been tested. Engine has been mapped (PCIII) and run only on race fuel (101 octane), fuel grade used as instructed by the engine builder. I'm suspecting that if you're interested in this, it'll be as a race car unit, replacing/upgrading your current unit. As I only have the one full loom (see above), probably best to offer this as an engine-only unit, far less than half the cost of building it, £2200.

Mix, match or all together.

Other items:

Only available after sale (or with) the above. I have such desirables as an additional race ECU (no key required), a fresh gearbox (just in case...), various EXUP dongles (all tested) and boxes of standard used/unused components.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

daniel mason

posted on 25/1/16 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love both those engines,but unfortunately not until the end of the 2016 season.
As a matter of interest,what sump mods aphave been done? Cheers

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 26/1/16 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Dan - I suspect that these engines will still be available for you at the end of the season, given that they're not your typical dubious Ebay 'Bargin!' that folk seems to prefer these days. They're all safely stored in the house, not in the back of a shed, or under a dirty bench in the garage.

Near new motorcycle engine has no sump modification.

Race engine has the stainless baffle plate, not the usual alloy thing that tends to crack. It also has the head breather modification. No issues when I ran this setup at Knockhill, I suspect there won't be any issues at other venues, these are very solid little units (which is why I've been a fan of them for some years).

daniel mason

posted on 26/1/16 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
It just so happens I've got the exact car for the job too! Mk6 Jedi with carbed r1 so it should bolt in just fine.only difference is mines SWB and yours was LWB but I'm sure I could lose 6" or wiring somewhere
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 26/1/16 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
More than 6"... depends how you install it. The 'older' factory method was from the engine top, down the rear side diagonal, through the bulkhead bottom, underneath the fuel tank, underneath the 'seat', underneath the gearchange pivot, through 90 degrees and then sharply up to the knee bar, another sharp 90 to the ECU on the knee plate. It's this length!

The 'newer' factory method is along the top chassis rail, through the top petrol filler hole, along the top chassis rail in the cockpit, straight to the ECU on the knee plate. Considerably shorter run required, but it's not as discreet and out-of-the-way as the older route.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 23/4/16 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Took a picture of the inlets on the race engine this morning, answering a query.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 28/5/16 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
The race engine has today been sold, it is therefore no longer available, as is the (as new) gearbox.

The standard engine remains, as a complete package, even with a road registered Riot (to which it is currently attached) if you desire one.

Quite happy to PX a Hayabusa motorcycle, it's a Bucket List thing, you wouldn't understand.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 27/6/16 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Standard engine package has now been sold!

This now leaves the following:

5VY (Track Electronics) ECU, no immobiliser key required, plug and play.
PCIII USB 411-411 in perfect health.
5VY Fresh clutch pack, inner and outer basket, springs, as a unit.
5VY Throttle bodies, complete.
Rolling, road registered (998cc) Riot, requires engine of your choice.
Rolling, non road registered Riot
GSXR1000K3, ported, complete running engine package with loom, etc.
Kayak, Wild One.
2 Bed Semi, with all contents, attached garage,

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 28/6/16 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Messages read/answered for the 5VY Track Electronics ECU, XE F3 Exhaust system and GSXR1000.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.