Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r carbs...
AndyGT

posted on 3/4/16 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r carbs...

Hi all
I have the fore mentioned carbs that I am clraning and preparing for installation onto a 1600 xflow with bcf3 cam. I intend to drill outthe main jeets tp 1
5mm to get things running then check out the emmisions etc. But which jet is the main? The one with the 8mm head? Or the one to the right on the image? Or another?

Also any general advice on the installation would be great....
Thanks in advance
Andy

[img][/img]

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 3/4/16 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like its missing to me....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

AndyGT

posted on 3/4/16 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
coozer, one of the screws on the float chambre housing was rounded a bit, but this is what came out, is it correct?
thanks

zx9r float chamber
zx9r float chamber

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 3/4/16 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Just took the cover off mine and here it is..

Main jet is the middle sticking up..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

AndyGT

posted on 4/4/16 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Closer. Your info was spot on. My two middle carbs had jets marked 160 and the two outer ones had no main jets. Going to order some but any advice on the needle jets. Should i be buying new ones too or should i just get a set of 1.55mm mains and leave the rest alone?
Thanks again...

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

coozer

posted on 4/4/16 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Main jets are just for the top 1/4, WOT. They will probably need drilling out a bit. Go to 160 first. Luckily the jet sizes relate to drills so a 160 is a 1.6mm drill and so on.

Set the air screws to about 3 turns out and make sure the air corrector jet is blocked.

All I can say is when I put them on my 1.8 it started no problem and even passed sva without doing anything to them. But, I took the car to Biggs Brothers and Dave there transformed it!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

AndyGT

posted on 4/4/16 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Well thanks again.

I just ordered some 155 mainjets as I prefer to be a bit under than over. I will keep you posted in a couple of weeks or so as I will be on hols on Friday so no car stuff

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.