Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike bodies, vac lines
ian996

posted on 3/4/16 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Bike bodies, vac lines

What do I do with the 4 vac lines that run from each throttle body? Where do they connect to?

mark chandler

posted on 3/4/16 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
They go to the MAP sensor
big-vee-twin

posted on 3/4/16 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
ITB'S do not use the MAP sensor they use the TPS, you do not need to connect them, they can be blanked off.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

kingster996

posted on 3/4/16 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
You can use the to balance the throttle bodies- did mine today with a set of motorbike vacuum gauges.

Otherwise leave them blanked off or connected together as they are. As long as they are not open and thus able to suck air in.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

ian996

posted on 3/4/16 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, will block them off. Cheers
mark chandler

posted on 4/4/16 at 05:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
ITB'S do not use the MAP sensor they use the TPS, you do not need to connect them, they can be blanked off.

Yes they do along with TPS, that's what they went to on the bike and where it goes on my megasquirt today, especially important if you want to boost.

big-vee-twin

posted on 4/4/16 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
MS only uses the MAP sensor to take an atmospheric pressure reading at initial start up to work out the start fuel load, then does not use the sensor after that, it can take the reading without being connected to the ITB's.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

r1_pete

posted on 4/4/16 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
It depends whether you are running speed density or alpha-n,

Speed density uses the TPS

Alpha-N the MAP combined with IAT to calculate the volume of air.

Speed Density is generally reccomended for ITB's but, if you have a relliable smooth vacuum, good results can be achieved with Alpha-n.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SPYDER

posted on 4/4/16 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete

Speed Density is generally reccomended for ITB's but, if you have a relliable smooth vacuum, good results can be achieved with Alpha-n.

You've got SD and Alpha-N the wrong way round.

SD uses the MAP sensor
Alpha-N uses the TPS

Hybrid Alpha-N or ITB mode use both.
Some people using Alpha-N still use the MAP sensor to give a more reliable trigger for acceleration enrichment, particularly if they suffer from a noisy TPS signal. It is also useful to trigger overrun fuel cutoff.

I am using Alpha_N but I still have the MAP sensor connected to Megasquirt. I find it useful when data logging as MAP gives an accurate indication of "effective wide open throttle".

I have found another use for the four small vac lines. I have them connected to a small solenoid valve that opens when the radiator fan cuts in. This counteracts the drop in revs that I used to get.

r1_pete

posted on 4/4/16 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER
quote:

SD uses the MAP sensor
Alpha-N uses the TPS

Some people using Alpha-N still use the MAP sensor to give a more reliable trigger for acceleration enrichment, particularly if they suffer from a noisy TPS signal. It is also useful to trigger overrun fuel cutoff.

I am using Alpha_N but I still have the MAP sensor connected to Megasquirt. I find it useful when data logging as MAP gives an accurate indication of "effective wide open throttle".

I have found another use for the four small vac lines. I have them connected to a small solenoid valve that opens when the radiator fan cuts in. This counteracts the drop in revs that I used to get.

Oops yes you're quite right, thats what you get for playing on LCB during boring voice conferences.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ian996

posted on 4/4/16 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER
quote:

SD uses the MAP sensor
Alpha-N uses the TPS

Oops yes you're quite right, thats what you get for playing on LCB during boring voice conferences.....

lol! I'm not the only one then!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.