Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clearout - MegaJolt, Girling, external battery connector
benedwards64

posted on 30/4/16 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Clearout - MegaJolt, Girling, external battery connector

I've had a bit of a garage clear-out today and found a couple of parts I either don't need or (in the case of the MegaJolt) will clearly never get round to actually fitting:

MegaJolt Lite JR Programmable Ignition

I purchased this a couple of years ago with good intentions, but having never remotely got my head around wiring I've admitted to myself I'll never actually get round to fitting it.

Everything in the below pic is included, including the bundle of wiring that doesn't appear to include any sensors or anything of much use, with the exception of the black TPS module (it turns out this is for my R1 carbs, so I'll hang onto it). It does not include crank sensor, trigger wheel, coil packs etc so these will need to be sourced elsewhere.

I paid £150 for this a couple of years ago from Nickp, so would like to make back what I paid.

Girlling 625 Master Cylinder
Came with some spares with my car as part of a Heath Robinson hydraulic handbrake setup which was removed by the previous owner. No idea if it's any good tbh!

SOLD

External battery connector

£5?

Prices excluding postage, or can be collected from near Oxford. Happy to consider offers on the master cylinder and battery connector, they almost went to the tip earlier before I thought they could be useful to someone!

[Edited on 2/5/16 by benedwards64]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Nickp

posted on 1/5/16 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Seems a shame to get rid of the Megajolt Ben, your engine would run so much better with it on and setup correctly. A standard dizzy on a highly tuned engine is such a compromise and is probably only right in a very small part of the rev range.
Mash

posted on 1/5/16 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ben,

sorry for the stupid question, but I'm a real amateur with all this electronic trickery.

I'm about to buy a Zetec, so would the Megajolt be OK to run that, and is that an EDIS4 in the picture with it, which I think I'll need as well?

If it will be OK, and it comes with the EDIS4, then I'd be interested at 150.

cheers,

Mash

ian.stewart

posted on 1/5/16 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Ill have the master cylinder, U2U Me your details and I will sort out payment...

Something different, Very different..............

Nickp

posted on 1/5/16 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mash
Hi Ben,

sorry for the stupid question, but I'm a real amateur with all this electronic trickery.

I'm about to buy a Zetec, so would the Megajolt be OK to run that, and is that an EDIS4 in the picture with it, which I think I'll need as well?

cheers,

Mash

It'll run the sparks if you're fitting carbs.

benedwards64

posted on 1/5/16 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ian.stewart
Ill have the master cylinder, U2U Me your details and I will sort out payment...

U2U'd

benedwards64

posted on 1/5/16 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
Seems a shame to get rid of the Megajolt Ben, your engine would run so much better with it on and setup correctly. A standard dizzy on a highly tuned engine is such a compromise and is probably only right in a very small part of the rev range.

Agreed, it's a shame but in reality it's so far down the list of things to do I doubt I'll ever get round to it. Seems a shame to sit on it when it could be useful to someone else

Besides, looks like my gearbox is knackered so I'll need to sort that as well now

benedwards64

posted on 1/5/16 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
quote:
Originally posted by Mash
Hi Ben,

cheers,

Mash

It'll run the sparks if you're fitting carbs.

Yes, as Nick says you'll be fine with this on a zetec assuming you're running carbs rather than injection. Yes, the EDIS4 is included.

In terms of setup I'd suggest you seek expertise from elsewhere as I'm similarly useless when it comes to electrics

Drop me a U2U if you'd still like it. I'm popping out for a bit but will check messages later this evening

Mash

posted on 2/5/16 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Ben, I'm intending to run some bike TBs so I guess Megasquirt would be a better way to go for me ?

It's taken me a while to get back as I've been googling the various options.

Still don't really know what I'm talking about

benedwards64

posted on 2/5/16 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
No worries. Hope you get it sorted
benedwards64

posted on 5/5/16 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Master cylinder and battery connector sold. MegaJolt still available

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.