Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Freewheel wireless steering wheel buttons.
jeffw

posted on 12/5/16 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Freewheel wireless steering wheel buttons.

I've just ordered the 8 channel version of the Freewheel. This is a wireless steering wheel button interface which includes the blinkstop

This is the email I've received

The development and interest have been pretty rapid and I haven’t had a chance to update the website yet, I’m afraid. That should be done soon, with more information on the differences between 4 and 8 channel systems.

All of the information on the FreeWheel development is contained in this thread on the Westfield Sports Car Club site (where I’m a registered trader) – it’s a lengthy read, but the most relevant bits are from P9 onwards...

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/117082-wireless-steering-wheel-buttons/page-9

The fitting instructions and the 8 channel configuration software are here:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/blog/13/entry-280-self-cancelling-indicator-blinkstop/

The prices for FreeWheel are:

8-Channel with USB £237 (WSCC member £225) + postage
4-Channel £185 (WSCC member £176) + postage

The kits are built to order with payment at dispatch – I’m doing them in small batches which take 2-4 weeks of evening/ weekend work (this is a hobby for me at the moment)

Thanks for the interest – any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Email is
mike at rowland-family.co.uk

Video demo is here

[Edited on 12/5/16 by jeffw]

peter030371

posted on 12/5/16 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Does that come with switch mounting plate or do you have to make your own? I think the Bodylogic can include RF linked steering wheels buttons too but I have already got a wired QR steering wheel
jeffw

posted on 12/5/16 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
No, it is just the parts after the buttons as far as I'm aware.

peter030371

posted on 13/5/16 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
I got my back plate made to size by Arc angels, I will stick it in the car and show you tomorrow. It cost me £45 as a one off but they can do a second one for less I think and its very well made
R7 WSC

posted on 13/5/16 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I'm normally just a lurker on here, so apologies that this is my first post

I spend most of my time on the WSCC forum, but spotted Jeff's post so thought I'd say hi - the FreeWheel is my product, so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

The transmitter comes with a pig-tail (for up to 8 switches to a common ground) - handy if you already have buttons on a wheel but are looking to remove a coiled cable, or are looking to move to wheel buttons or paddle micro-switches as in the video demo.

I'm talking to a respected carbon fibre supplier about back plates and hope we'll be able to offer a stiff 150mm plain square backplate suitable for re-shaping to your own design.

Mike Rowland

[Edited on 13/5/16 by R7 WSC]

R7 WSC

posted on 3/6/16 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I managed to get the website updated with some more details at www.blinkstop.co.uk including the other products (indicator self-cancelling controller and headlight controller). Jeff is hopefully busy in his shed wiring up his FreeWheel by now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.