Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA/VOSA are the worst
xhx4xzx4

posted on 21/9/16 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
DVLA/VOSA are the worst

I have had this happen twice to me now, basically me IVA re-test was tested by a completely different tester from another test station using the wrong form and writing the wrong test centre on the sheet, now it comes to my third test which was supposed to be yesterday but 3 hours before me test the phone me a cancel the test saying there wasn't any testers the could get to Kidderminster. If i were too complain, after if passes, do you guys think i have a leg to stand on or has anyone else complained about an IVA before and gotten anywhere.
SteveWallace

posted on 21/9/16 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Depends on what you are planning on complaining about.

If you are trying to recover direct out of pocket costs (by which I mean test fees, not some calculation of the value of your lost time) and you can prove that they messed up then you may stand a chance.

If you want them to feel some pain for not being very good or you are after 'compensation' over and above direct loss, then no chance

If you want to change the system then no chance, unless you are prepared to dedicate the rest of your life to campaigning for it.

If you are saying that the test was unfair or too harsh and you want to appeal against the fail result, then good luck and please report back. I'm not aware of anyone having challenged the result before.

By the way, the IVA process is the easiest bit, wait until you try to register the car with DVSA. Copy everything that you are going to send to them and then send it registered post. They will loose everything and then claim that it never arrived. When you prove that they received it they will find it again and then process your application.

[Edited on 21/9/16 by SteveWallace]

xhx4xzx4

posted on 21/9/16 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, Steve i aiming towards the out of direct pockets, yes the test itself is painfully stupid and i can fully well believe that they will lose the important stuff, it just we have to give either 24 or 48 hours notice to cancel a test but 3 hours before mine is due to begin they go go ahead a cancel i just think that's massively unfair and that mean i lost the fee for deposit on the wrecker and also lost a days work. It has just been a massive farce from the re-test where a different tester turned up who was a right arse to this.
adithorp

posted on 21/9/16 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
What do you expect to get from a complaint? I doubt they'll give any compensation or refund. Knowing DVSA (vosa's new name) they might decide to "help you" by retesting your car from scratch to see if the tester made any other mistakes!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

ReMan

posted on 21/9/16 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
Depends on what you are planning on complaining about.

If you are trying to recover direct out of pocket costs (by which I mean test fees, not some calculation of the value of your lost time) and you can prove that they messed up then you may stand a chance.

If you want them to feel some pain for not being very good or you are after 'compensation' over and above direct loss, then no chance

If you want to change the system then no chance, unless you are prepared to dedicate the rest of your life to campaigning for it.

If you are saying that the test was unfair or too harsh and you want to appeal against the fail result, then good luck and please report back. I'm not aware of anyone having challenged the result before.

By the way, the IVA process is the easiest bit, wait until you try to register the car with DVSA. Copy everything that you are going to send to them and then send it registered post. They will loose everything and then claim that it never arrived. When you prove that they received it they will find it again and then process your application.

[Edited on 21/9/16 by SteveWallace]

I think you nailed it there!
Suck it up and move on.
Pop by and see your MP if you really want to make a difference. Good luck with that

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.