Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: An idea
imull

posted on 3/1/05 at 01:44 AM Reply With Quote
An idea

Been talking about this with a mate and thought I would put it to a wider audience.

Would people feel that there is a market for a kit based car with a bonded Aluminium chassis.

Available just as a buy a bare chassis and amke everything yourself including the body right through to turnkey built to FIA comp regs up to a 2 or 2.5ltr V8 or V6 race engine.

Fixed Head Coupe (or possibly open top)mid engine RWD or possible even capable of being FWD too

Not looking at doing this as costings are far too high to justify, just a what if question...

I know it isnt quite a Lo cost idea but look beyond that to the pure engineering basis...

cheers

[Edited on 3/1/05 by imull]

Rorty

posted on 3/1/05 at 03:32 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, why not!
A lot would depend on your capabilities, experience and to some degree, your notoriety.
But then again, ask any bloke if he'd want a wife with legs up to her armpits, general good looks, the desire and ability to clean and cook and again he'd probably say yes by all means. Yet look at the trouble blokes have picking one of them!
Unless you are an established designer/builder/marketer, it would probably be best to start by building a prototype and racing it yourself to obtain a successful track record and good general profile. Then the orders will come flooding in.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.