Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover K, Jenvey Throttle Bodies help!
bennettimp

posted on 3/2/17 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Rover K, Jenvey Throttle Bodies help!

Hi chaps,

i'm coming to the closing stages of my winter build of my new rover engine, but gone to add the link kit on to the throttle bodies and can't for the life of me seem to figure this little bit out, i'm looking at the install instructions and it just isn't clicking atm, its as if I need to change round the way the butterfly opens by 180 degrees as it wants to pull down to open them , even though my link kit for lotus s1, which is what I have is to be mounted at the top so it must have to pull the butterfly mechanism up?? something I thought would take 10 mins i'm an hour on and no further along pretty frustrating,

does any one have any pictures of a rover K with their jenveys on... every time I've gone on the web to try find something the picture has been taken with a potato so I cant zoom in or it just isn't quite showing what I need to see to see if I've got this right.

any help would be much appreciated as i'm fighting the clock to get this off to toovey engineering to get it run in.

Cheers.

Scott.

Andy D

posted on 3/2/17 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Are the diagrams on Jenvey's website any help?
https://www.jenvey.co.uk/images/stories/virtuemart/product/cls1_d3.pdf

bennettimp

posted on 3/2/17 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
this is what the instructions look like ish, but still cant see it working how it is with the diagram , really need to see an actual pic to get my head round this one I think, starting to wonder if I got the right bits.
Andy D

posted on 3/2/17 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
My son has ITBs fitted to a K but it's the wrong K.. I could email pics of the linkage on a Honda K20? Top mounted and pulling up on the throttle quadrant.
Westy K

posted on 3/2/17 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I have this set up and seem to remember i struggled to get my head around it when i installed it.
I am still not convinced it is any better that my home made set up was which was just a angle bracket bolted to the head (there are even holes already there) above the linkage holding the cable outer and on inner connected to to the centre linkage. Hard to explain.

Anyway I will take a pic of the current Jenvey st up later and mail it to you.

Cheers
Ian

Westy K

posted on 3/2/17 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent as i am not sure how to post pictures on here sorry

Cheers
Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.