Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fog Light switch warning buzzer
tims31

posted on 13/3/17 at 02:07 AM Reply With Quote
Fog Light switch warning buzzer

Could someone please take a look at my wiring diagram and let me know how I would wire a warning buzzer into this circuit for when the switch is left on and the headlights are off and when the ignition is switched off.

The reason it is wired like this was to get around the issue of the switch I have used needed not to be a switch earth but this is how my loom is used to switch the fog lights on the Sierra stalks - see this thread http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=206727

Preferably I would like to somehow do it from the left hand realy if possible as this is accessable, the other relay is behind the dash I I would like to not have to take it apart again if at all possible.

Description
Description

I have tried to figure this out for myself but getting nowhere

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

loggyboy

posted on 13/3/17 at 02:41 AM Reply With Quote
You don't need to fo this for IVA.

I got it confirmed a while back.

I can confirm that the requirements for the rear fog lamp are still that they only operate when dipped beam, main beam or front fog lamps are lit.
The requirements of note 4 will therefore only apply if the rear fog lamp then operates if the position lamps are switched off and back on, as is possible on some modern CAN bus wiring systems. As most kit cars take the
fog lamp feed directly from the headlamp circuit, this will not be possible and as such there is no requirement for the systems listed in note 4 to be fitted.

I do hope that you have found this information to be of use. However, if you feel that I can be of further assistance in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Vickers Eng Tech MSOE MIRTE
Technical Officer | Vehicle & Operator Services Agency

[Edited on 13-3-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

tims31

posted on 13/3/17 at 03:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
You don't need to fo this for IVA.

I got it confirmed a while back.

I can confirm that the requirements for the rear fog lamp are still that they only operate when dipped beam, main beam or front fog lamps are lit.
The requirements of note 4 will therefore only apply if the rear fog lamp then operates if the position lamps are switched off and back on, as is possible on some modern CAN bus wiring systems. As most kit cars take the
fog lamp feed directly from the headlamp circuit, this will not be possible and as such there is no requirement for the systems listed in note 4 to be fitted.

I do hope that you have found this information to be of use. However, if you feel that I can be of further assistance in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Vickers Eng Tech MSOE MIRTE
Technical Officer | Vehicle & Operator Services Agency

[Edited on 13-3-17 by loggyboy]

That's great, thanks loggyboy. If I u2u my email address could you forward that onto me please
One less job to do

loggyboy

posted on 13/3/17 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Of course. It was over a few emails so let me know yours and i will pass it on. There were also 3 or 4 of his colleagues copied in (by him) so not something that wasnt a 'departmental' decision.

Mistral Motorsport

tims31

posted on 13/3/17 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi have sent you a U2u with my email address.

I did the same thing about the Unleaded insert for the fuel cap which was originally in the IVA manual and has now been removed. Emailed them and got clarification that it is no longer required.

Would be a good idea to post these details in the IVA section so others have clarification on items that regularly seem to cause confusion.

Thanks

loggyboy

posted on 17/3/17 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
Would be a good idea to post these details in the IVA section so others have clarification on items that regularly seem to cause confusion.

Thanks

They are somewhere, discussed when it was first introduced, just long lost down the trail of posts now.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.