Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel system design ?
mcerd1

posted on 29/9/17 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel system design ?

I'm about to order the last few odds and sods to finish my fuel system - after spending far too much time and effort building the engine it would be nice to get running
I'm probably over thinking this but here goes......

I'm going to be using ZX9R carb's (keihin CVR's from a model 'E' ) (Pic linky)
These seem to have two ~10mm inlets (one for each pair) linked together with a plastic Tee.

The pump I've got is also form a ZX9R (earlier C1 model) and also has ~10mm (maybe 3/8" inlets and outlets, but the OME filter fitted on the inlet side is only ~8mm (with the 8mm hose to the pump stretched over the pump inlet)
ZX9R Pump
ZX9R Pump

I was planning to use at least one of these filters before the pump, as it turns out these fit quite nicely in the ZX9R's OE mounting:
https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/sytec-10mm-in-line-fuel-filter-ff-inl-6

Unfortunately the outlet on the tank I've got is ~13mm O/D - which is a bit much for a 3/8" hose to stretch over
Dax tank outlet
Dax tank outlet

So I was thinking about using a short length of 1/2" flex from the tank, followed by an adaptor down to 3/8" and them onto the filter and then to the pump (all 3/8" )

then I could run a 3/8" or a 5/16" flex from the pump to a copper or cunifer pipe (3/8" or a 5/16" to the engine bay - then another 3/8" or 5/16" flexi to the carbs

can anyone see any problems with this ?
would the 3/8" pipe be better than 5/16" for the main run down the tunnel ?
do I need to add a post-pump filter as well as the pre-pump one ?

-

r1_pete

posted on 29/9/17 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds fine, Ive done several now in 8mm cunifer 5/16 equiv. You can solder 8mm olives on the ends to prevent blow off or vibrations working the pipes off.

Id put a small filter close tomthe carbs, the little screw together alloy jobbies work well, and can be cleaned.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.