Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear brakes locking before front
Bigboystoys

posted on 8/11/17 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Rear brakes locking before front

Evening all,
Recently fitted Hi spec calipers all round to my Dax rush,
I'm using the rs4 on the front and sierra sva rears all on sierra cosworth disc set up with ferodo ds2500 pads all round.
I took it out for a drive this weekend and have noticed if under hard braking it's trying to lock the rears first, I have adjusted by bias bar as much as I can towards the front master cylinder but the problem still persists, I'm thinking I might be able to swap the masters around for more pressure on the front. I'm currently running .75 on the front and .625 on the rear, other than this do people run restrictor valves in the rear line??

Many thanks

Sam

loggyboy

posted on 8/11/17 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Swap cylinders. Larger should be on rear.

Mistral Motorsport

Bigboystoys

posted on 9/11/17 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for reply,
I'm going to swap the masters tonight give it all a good bleed reset the bias bar to neutral and see what I have.

gaz_gaz

posted on 9/11/17 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Agreed, Swap the cylinders over,

On a separate note, How did you find the SVA handbrake to setup, I've just removed my HI-Spec ultralite 2's from the back and ordered a set with handbrake, I've read the handbrake can be a bit of a bugger? Any pictures of them installed? I'm curious to see how the cable attaches to the caliper/

Bigboystoys

posted on 20/11/17 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cylinders swapped and problem cured, Gaz_Gaz I do have some pictures however they are on my phone which I can't seem to send to locost builders, they bolted up great but the handbrake didn't back off particularly well so I added a compression spring to each end of the handbrake cable to help return the caliper handbrake arm into its relaxed position, I also secured the cable outer near the caliper using a p clip.

Thanks Sam

Bigboystoys

posted on 20/11/17 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
https://ibb.co/cwYLXm
https://ibb.co/jwJXdR
https://ibb.co/fZDXdR

CosKev3

posted on 20/11/17 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Does the handbrake hold the car OK?

What fittings have you used on the cable ends?

Bigboystoys

posted on 21/11/17 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Handbrake holds the car fine, I kept the existing handbrake fitting one end and just used a Csk screw with a cup washer on top and a plain washer and nut underneath the caliper handbrake arm, nipped it up just tight enough to allow the fitting to pivot on top of the handbrake arm. On the other end I also used an Allen bolt but drilled a hole through it and used a nut/washer to pin the handbrake cable against the head, I then cleared my calipers handbrake arm hole a tiny amount passed the bolt through and put a nyloc on the back once again making sure it could still pivot slightly.
CosKev3

posted on 21/11/17 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
OK nice one thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.