Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EVRI (was HERMES) rubbish!
nick205

posted on 1/9/22 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
EVRI (was HERMES) rubbish!

Another rant about the courier EVRI (what was HERMES).

I ordered an item for a nephews birthday and paid for the next day delivery service.

EVRI tracking simply says "Had a problem trying to deliver at 19:02 on 31/08/2022, will try again"

What problem? My wife and kids and I were all in!

When will you try again? Need to get the item posted in time for a birthday!

PITA couriers

theconrodkid

posted on 1/9/22 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
herpes, you can change your name but the level of "service" remains the same....rock bottom.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

loggyboy

posted on 1/9/22 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
They sure are.

I've refused to send stuff with them since their Hermes days, and a new name hasn't helped.

Last few items I've had delivered from them most have failed, at least initially.
One was to my work address, they claimed it was delivered and the photo that they provided for 'proof' was a blurry floor showing no package or clear location. I complained and its showed up the following day, delivered to the reception area instead, so got it eventually.
Another was to my home address, got a picture of it left behind a bin, but I knew straight away it wasnt my bin. Turned out to be next doors, they dropped it off for me.

Mistral Motorsport

David Jenkins

posted on 1/9/22 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
They haven't changed - a few weeks ago our local paper reported that a heap of Evri parcels were found dumped in a lane near Woodbridge. Not stolen from a van - just dumped by the driver.

nick205

posted on 1/9/22 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Seems in line with my experience of them.

My eldest son ordered something on line and delivered by EVRI earlier this year. They claimed delivery, but never did amd didn't have any proof. The retailer in question was good enough to send a replacement item, making certain to use a different courier (FedEx IIRC). Arrived the following day without a problem.

Do EVRI charge less than their competitors to win business?

If they do and provide a cr8p service it's an out of business way to operate in my book.

Deckman001

posted on 1/9/22 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the update guys, I'm waiting for a delivery from them, it should be between Today Thursday and Monday so I hope I get a better delivery than you guys

Jason

SJ

posted on 1/9/22 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Used them loads and never had a problem. I guess it depends on the local delivery people.
nick205

posted on 1/9/22 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Deckman001
Hoping for you - maybe you'll have a good driver and smooth service!

SJ
I think you probably right, there must be an element of luck of having the right people in the chain between the retailer and you. It's a shame really the courier companies themselves will work their hardest at keeping their vehicle fleet and wage costs to a bare minimum - taking their service down with it!

Deckman001

posted on 1/9/22 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Nick, thankfully the parcel of my new second hand ERA sump arrived exactly on time
Slimy38

posted on 1/9/22 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Our Hermes experience has been absolutely brilliant, and it's all to do with the couple that delivers the parcels. He does the driving, she brings the parcels. We've not had any problems with them....

Unfortunately she told us a couple of days ago that they're jacking it in. Even with a car full of parcels and driving cautiously, they still can't break even with the costs of fuel etc. A few failed deliveries and they're paying Hermes to work.

We've got two more weeks of good deliveries before who knows what happens. We really aren't looking forward to it.

nick205

posted on 3/9/22 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
EVRI finally delivered late on Thursday. Item wrapped up and packed with a birthday card then posted Friday morning (at a higher price) to ensure next day delivery.

Complaint to retailer who's refunded the delivery charge.

Complaint to EVRI as well. A pi55 in the wind no doubt!

JonBowden

posted on 3/9/22 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I used to get good service from Hermes as our local delivery agent was really good. But when he was on holiday, items just went missing.
Now Evri are poor.
I now make a point if I give feedback on eBay of making a negative comment about the choice to use Evri.
It really isn't in a companies interest to use Evri, it just gives an unprofessional impression.

Jon

nick205

posted on 3/9/22 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JonBowden
I used to get good service from Hermes as our local delivery agent was really good. But when he was on holiday, items just went missing.
Now Evri are poor.
I now make a point if I give feedback on eBay of making a negative comment about the choice to use Evri.
It really isn't in a companies interest to use Evri, it just gives an unprofessional impression.

Good call, feedback seems to be Kingdom these days. Retailers/sellers need to keep on top of their games and use the right courier to get results.

David Jenkins

posted on 3/9/22 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Round our way there are a couple of East European ladies who deliver parcels in a beat up old car, and there's another 'hippy' who also delivers round our way. All are good and reliable - but others just the far side of town have awful service.

The expression "pay peanuts get monkeys" generally applies for delivery companies (not just EVRI). We're fortunate that we have a reasonably good bunch in our area at the moment.

SteveWalker

posted on 3/9/22 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
EVRI finally delivered late on Thursday. Item wrapped up and packed with a birthday card then posted Friday morning (at a higher price) to ensure next day delivery.

Complaint to retailer who's refunded the delivery charge.

Complaint to EVRI as well. A pi55 in the wind no doubt!

Complaining can make a difference. Back in the '90s, I was involved in the testing of £3.5m compressor. We had hired a computer and a printer from Livingstone Hire, for data logging during the tests. The printer arrived, but not the computer. I found that the delivery driver was still on site (using our canteen) and left a note on his truck to call my extension before leaving - I caught him driving out of the gate and he refused to look in the back to see if the computer was there. My complaint was the final straw, after a history of problems, and Livingstone Hire (sending a lot of items to and from places all over the UK) stopped using TNT completely.

Slimy38

posted on 7/9/22 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
Our Hermes experience has been absolutely brilliant, and it's all to do with the couple that delivers the parcels. He does the driving, she brings the parcels. We've not had any problems with them....

Unfortunately she told us a couple of days ago that they're jacking it in. Even with a car full of parcels and driving cautiously, they still can't break even with the costs of fuel etc. A few failed deliveries and they're paying Hermes to work.

We've got two more weeks of good deliveries before who knows what happens. We really aren't looking forward to it.

As a follow on to this too, the good couple have now finished. And how do I know they've finished? Because we've just had a photo of a 'delivered' item that is behind a metal gate of god knows what house. We've now got to go hunting, because Evri and Matalan both believe the parcel has been delivered.

Edit: Turns out it was two doors down, although they weren't aware that it had been hoiked over their gate until I tapped on their door!

[Edited on 7/9/22 by Slimy38]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 8/9/22 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Just received a 'Spam' message on the phone (I prefer to refer to these things as criminals attempting theft, but there you go).... apparently from Evri saying that they've recovered my lost package, and of course, want payment if I'm to get it delivered.... Scum.
Clearly using the Evri reliability issue that's being brought up here, familiar with the criminals.

coyoteboy

posted on 8/9/22 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
They cannot charge you for completing the delivery they were originally contracted to make. I'd forward that to a solicitor.

During Covid there has been a dangerous slide.The carrier is liable until it is signed for by the recipient. This is now largely being ignored and they claim to have completed their contractual agreement once it has been delivered (to the right place or not) and the problem is in your hands. Unless they have my signature on their parcel, they're liable.

[Edited on 8/9/22 by coyoteboy]

Sanzomat

posted on 8/9/22 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
They cannot charge you for completing the delivery they were originally contracted to make. I'd forward that to a solicitor.

During Covid there has been a dangerous slide.The carrier is liable until it is signed for by the recipient. This is now largely being ignored and they claim to have completed their contractual agreement once it has been delivered (to the right place or not) and the problem is in your hands. Unless they have my signature on their parcel, they're liable.

[Edited on 8/9/22 by coyoteboy]

Even Royal Mail is perpetuating this problem. I'd not received something bought from fleabay. The seller said they had tracking information (I'd never been given a tracking number) proving that the item had been delivered and pretty much accused me of trying to get a refund for something I'd received. I asked ebay to step in and they sided with the seller on the basis they had "proof" it had been delivered and if I wanted to take it further I'd have to take it up with Royal Mail myself. I requested the tracking information and they did send it. With that I was able to contact Royal Mail who continued to say I'd had the item. Eventually after escalating the matter further I was sent the actual delivery record to "prove that I'd had it". The delivery record they'd sent had the same house number and street name but in a completely different postcode that turned out to be in another town 100 miles away from me! When I pointed that discrepancy out they agreed that it had been mis-delivered but I wasn't their client, the sender was, I had to take it up with the sender. Now I had proof that that the item hadn't reached me ebay re-opened the case and I got a refund but it was a massive pain.

David Jenkins

posted on 8/9/22 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
This popped up in our local rag's website:

EVRi deliveries in Suffolk

Pretty much as we've discussed already - it's a rubbish company.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.