Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A brother for my Locost
Stuart Walker

posted on 21/11/22 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
A brother for my Locost

May divide opinion (or you might just all hate it!) but I love it. It looks like a spaceship and it's quite amazing for 2000 - Fully aluminium, 995cc 3 cylinder lean burn engine, 13hp of hybrid assist, auto stop, 0.25 drag coefficient and a beautiful digital dashboard! Will do 75mpg without trying and it's even quite good fun. I might become a hypermiler during the week and a Locoster at the weekend

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 21/11/22 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'm for anything different!

And if you can save £££ and the planet at the same time (in relative comfort!) then what's not to like?!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

HowardB

posted on 21/11/22 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I am in full agreement - what I save in the week means I can play harder at the weekends!

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

Sanzomat

posted on 22/11/22 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Couldn't agree more. My hobby cars and track days are justified in my mind by driving economical cars as daily driver. If I didn't have my kit cars I'd be tempted to have an unnecessarily thirsty car for the majority of the miles done but the kits give so much driving pleasure the mundane trips can concentrate on comfort and economy. Also, that car is so funky it stands out as special too.

[Edited on 22/11/22 by Sanzomat]

ReMan

posted on 22/11/22 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Nice, I suspect good ones will retain their value too into classic status

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Stuart Walker

posted on 23/11/22 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks all, glad you like it / agree! I'm hopeful you are right ReMan, will try to to resist the temptation to modify it for the same reason.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.