Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can anyone identify this plug?
John Bonnett

posted on 12/3/23 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Can anyone identify this plug?

I'd like to source the mating half of this plug and would be grateful if anyone could identify it and where to source it.

The plug is from the aircon compressor on a MK1 petrol Focus.

Thank you

John

obfripper

posted on 12/3/23 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
I can't help with the plug itself as it's not present on the catalog plug diagrams, but it is part of the a/c sub loom, which is finis number:1041416.
However i draw a blank in actually finding this loom as a current part, it might be worth changing to a more commonly available plug.

It doesn't look like any third party connector i can think of, so is likely to be unique to ford, iirc it's different to the connector on a ka, the same on a mk1 focus, a/c wasn't common on any of these age vehicles, which makes even finding a second hand one difficult.

Dave

John Bonnett

posted on 12/3/23 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
I can't help with the plug itself as it's not present on the catalog plug diagrams, but it is part of the a/c sub loom, which is finis number:1041416.
However i draw a blank in actually finding this loom as a current part, it might be worth changing to a more commonly available plug.

It doesn't look like any third party connector i can think of, so is likely to be unique to ford, iirc it's different to the connector on a ka, the same on a mk1 focus, a/c wasn't common on any of these age vehicles, which makes even finding a second hand one difficult.

Dave

Dave thank you so much for taking the trouble to check for me. I'm just being lazy in wanting to retain the original plug because it will be only be the work of half an hour or so to fit a new one.

Kind regards

John

loggyboy

posted on 13/3/23 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2-Pin-Ford-Round-Female-Sealed_1600224411454.html

Out of stock sadly
https://evolutioncarparts.co.uk/products/sl-106759-sl106759

[Edited on 13-3-23 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

McLannahan

posted on 13/3/23 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Might be in stock on his ebay page -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304426939820?hash=item46e14275ac:g:t1YAAOSwuBhiSsyx&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAABAFHUAc%2FkVAGsyPp1r6G71onfVwJBA7S6v0HCGkj7FiL4 yJtbCL%2Ft9Iro8loHtqj2Ka1iefVj%2FfEgYaHJwtRtWRaAYuxiFQnI%2BHupiS93G3HMySCdsc%2BcFMd%2FdqwB%2BRyhhOt%2BNT%2BvzUIIkVrxUV3h9ntQLSqCVBIrTBMqo%2FqPdWQazXPE 8TDhAp3xgislujR3K4VYutJyRAgJrOQaWvwnqz3kpZr2pR%2FjW4Sj6rkmIFEJOqJCyHOJOX6LTOi5K8fAydD7CT8W%2F6VMvm%2B4FOzzrEim%2FXADFOQRuuAXXYZ6Wu2%2FlkSBDWsK7VDeK8jt oSBPcVd928aEb2c0qScwWwTz%2FcI%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9CrhafbYQ

John Bonnett

posted on 13/3/23 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely fantastic, thank you both of you. Order's in and what a result.
big_wasa

posted on 13/3/23 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

John Bonnett

posted on 13/3/23 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Description
Description

Thank you for the diagram

Does it matter which wire goes to earth because on my after market compressor, both wires are black?

Thank you,

John

big_wasa

posted on 14/3/23 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Its just a coil so should not be polarity sensitive.
John Bonnett

posted on 14/3/23 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Its just a coil so should not be polarity sensitive.

Yes that was what I was thinking so thank you for the confirmation.

It's all getting quite exciting now and I'm sure everyone on this site can relate to one's feelings on the build up to the first start up. Wiring the aircon system isn't pivotal to firing the engine but being close to the alternator, the cable to the compressor can be wrapped together with a number of others including the alternator, water and temperature senders.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.