Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sva, reg and age
Cannonball

posted on 5/9/23 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
sva, reg and age

Seeing as this place is an absolute font of knowlege perhaps somebody could possibly answer a question or two.

There's an old RH twisting my mind. Yes I know but.....

It's on a C plate prefix which is around 85 but the car was built in 2003 and first registered on dvla as an RH which is what the kit is so I'm assuming that it passed an SVA . I'm assuming it's donor was an 85 car as there is no mention on dvla site of it being anything other than a RH either.

Should the v5 show when it passed the sva?

Any other reasons to be concerned.

Yes I have heard the moans and groans about them but I like the look of them and I'm not interested in all that track day or sprint malarky.

nick205

posted on 5/9/23 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
The MK Indy I built passed i's SVA around 2007. The donor Sierra was G registration and the MK Indy was given and age related G registration. I don't recall the V5 showing details of the donor car, just the registration date of the MK Indy.

I sold the car in 2009 so I don't have the V5 to check. Others on here may be able to check theirs though.

adithorp

posted on 5/9/23 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Donor car would have been on a C reg and the kit had enough parts to qualify for an age related C plate.

The v5 should show the "date first registered" as 2003 if that's when the registration was applied for/approved (...but its not unknown for DVLA to have messed up and put '85).

V5 won't show when SVA was passed, which could be a few months earlier

Nothing you've said raises and worries as far as I can tell.

Cannonball

posted on 6/9/23 at 05:54 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, you have put my mind at ease. Now to summon up the courage to go and have a look see and hopefully leave the rose tinted glasses and blinkers at home.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.