Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AUTODOC - Anybody used them?
perksy

posted on 14/10/23 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
AUTODOC - Anybody used them?

Looking for some car parts on the internet and came across Autodoc, Seems they have a fair range of parts by different manauafacturers and just wandered if anyone uses them?

Thanks

Slimy38

posted on 14/10/23 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
I used them a few years back to get some Febi wheel bearings for my Saab. I ordered them on the 31st of January and they arrived 9th February. Apart from the slightly longer delivery time I can't really fault them. They're based out of Germany and don't have the benefits of Amazon shipping routes, so having them take just over a week was fine.

It was the manufacturer that drew me to them, at the time I'd killed a front wheel bearing and the Eurocarparts replacement failed in a few thousand miles. I was driving from Wolverhampton to Leeds at the time and couldn't afford to have my car unavailable. Autodoc were the only ones who had anything like a brand name, I figured Febi Bilstein was enough to keep my car on the road.

Annoyingly the Bilstein part was the same price as the Starline ECP part that I had bought first!

fishywick

posted on 14/10/23 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
I have used them twice this year. Brake discs, pads, CV boot, steering rack gaiters, temp sensor etc for a Mk 1 Fiesta. These parts were not readily available at the local motor factors. The stock, description, pictures, cross references etc on Autodoc convinced me to try them.

All items were perfectly fine, literally the only issue was the delivery time which wasn't a problem for me. I can't remember exactly but it was about 2 weeks and wasn't very well explained on the initial order. There is even an option (which I didn't take) to pay a small fee for free return of wrong/unwanted goods.

There are other internet car parts portals that are connected to Autodoc, OnlineCarParts is one.

sdh2903

posted on 14/10/23 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Used them quite a bit. Delivery went a bit daft after brexshit but seems to have settled down. Recently ordered dampers for the Mrs' car. 7 days from ordering to arriving.

If your unsure if you're ordering the right bit pay the extra few quid for free returns.

coyoteboy

posted on 14/10/23 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Used them both in the UK and Netherlands, shipping to both is usually a week or so but always well packed and came perfect condition. Only place to get some manufacturers items.

[Edited on 14/10/2023 by coyoteboy]

perksy

posted on 15/10/23 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all for your comments

Good to know

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/10/23 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Laterally been using them just now to sort out the Volvo, their delivery times have improved a lot, used to take ages. I'd stay away from their budget supplier Ridex as everything I've got in the past was utter junk, either didn't fit or lasted a year. Apart front the brake disks, but any monkey can make those...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 16/10/23 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Ive used them a lot... the febi branded stuff seems good.

My main gripe with them is that you enter your reg and it tells you which parts fit your car... only 50% of the time the part that turned up didnt fit my car.... Their customer service team are great at resolving, they ask for your VIN. No idea why I can't search for parts by VIN to save everyone the pain....

They are so much cheaper than my local motor factor that even with some mistake parts they still make sense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Bluemoon

posted on 16/10/23 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Used them. Also needed to return an item - you need to select this option on ordering. They refunded, all good.

However, there are some bad reviews out there - from trust pilot results I think if you need customer service you might be in trouble.

[Edited on 16/10/23 by Bluemoon]

daviep

posted on 17/10/23 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
Used them lots in the past without any problems. Unfortunately the last order took over two weeks to arrive, despite all parts were showing as "in stock". Consequently I bought some parts locally as MOT was due, and returnd the unused parts when they arrived. It's now 2weeks since I returned the parts and I am still waiting on a refund. I did take up the £4 option for free returns.

Moral is be careful if you have a deadline, and expect to be out of pocket for a while if you need to return stuff.

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

garyo

posted on 20/10/23 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've used them twice. First time six months ago and last time three months ago. No real complaints other than I wish they were slightly more transparent re: the fact that they're clearly processing and shipping it all from Eastern Europe. It's disconcerting that on both occasions it takes 2 days of "processing order" then a day of "packing order" then finally 'order dispatched' only to wait another week.

... but eventually I got everything exactly as ordered at a very good price.

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/10/23 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah deliveries from Europe can be real hit or miss, I've been ordering lots of parts from my Volvo and their coming from many different countries. Generally they are early sometimes even a week early from the stated delivery date, the fuel filter turned up two days after ordering from Germany!? Which makes it even more annoying the 3D printer filament I ordered is now two weeks late from the UK
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 23/10/23 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Yeah deliveries from Europe can be real hit or miss, I've been ordering lots of parts from my Volvo and their coming from many different countries. Generally they are early sometimes even a week early from the stated delivery date, the fuel filter turned up two days after ordering from Germany!? Which makes it even more annoying the 3D printer filament I ordered is now two weeks late from the UK

Can't give them that excuse, I'm resident in the Netherlands and they take over a week to send from Germany, next door.

daviep

posted on 25/10/23 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Update: Finally received my refund, 20days from the return post date until money was back on my card.
Regards
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/11/23 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
I ordered 4 break calipers for the Volvo from AUTODOC, all supposedly in stock. It's taken 8 days for them to just to send them to the courier for delivery!

Just as well I didn't book the MOT. This is the problem with this site, good prices but dreadful turnaround. If I'm lucky I might get them by the end of the week, hope their the correct ones!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.