2 rubbish idea
3 dont give a monkies cos i live somewhere sunny

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2012 olympics poll
theconrodkid

posted on 17/2/05 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
2012 olympics poll

has GB a hope of getting the olympics?saw it on telly,IOC members been shown various building sites and canals full of shopping troleys,deralict land where stadiums "could" be built.
question is do we need and can we afford it?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

krlthms

posted on 17/2/05 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Is that dome thingy in the east end of London still around?
You know, the cringe making sight of our Tony (he will probably still be around in 012) doing Auld Lang Syne with Betty. Compares only to imaging your parents making love.
Do you want a repeat of the above?
KT

[Edited on 17/2/05 by krlthms]

Surrey Dave

posted on 17/2/05 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Couldn't give a toss , further away the better , not interested in watching a load of poser's tarting about in thier vests.
phelpsa

posted on 17/2/05 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
They say 'we'll put in more roads', but where are these roads gonna be placed? Through buckingham palace?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chris.russell

posted on 17/2/05 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with the idea of there being a "UK" olympic bid, but just London does seem very selfish considerinhg how well Manchester did with a few years back when it hosted the commonwealth games.

Mines a pint

bob

posted on 17/2/05 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
It would be nice to get the facilities,the shame of it is there would be no profit for any sponsors as the security costs would take care of that.
I'm sure someone somewhere will milk a shed load of money out of it,and we had better count all the olympians incoming to make sure they all go back

David Jenkins

posted on 17/2/05 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
It'll also make life hell for all the commuters from East Anglia - mind you, I don't intend to be commuting in 2012!

David

JoelP

posted on 17/2/05 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
a terrible idea.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

krlthms

posted on 17/2/05 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
By then it will not be a competetion between the "athletes", but between whose chemists can devise a more potent Franken-human.
niceperson709

posted on 17/2/05 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Folks
down here in OZ we have recently had the Olympic hoopla and frankly the hype leading up to a during very quickly makes one very sick of the whole deal .
best wishes
Iain

Best wishes IAIN
life is not the rehearsal , it's the show so don't sit there thinking about it DO IT NOW
http://iainseven.wordpress.com/

jollygreengiant

posted on 17/2/05 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Its taken the powers to be god knows how long to re-build wembley stadium, god knows how much longer it will take before its finished & even then I doubt it will last as long as the original. Then we have the millenium dome farce, the central library, the scotish parliament building..........etc........etc...........etc............ it would be nice if we could put it on but it will be late, over budget, and quite possibly an eyesore. IMHO. (OH And watch out for tony & his lovies trying to score brownie points off it.)

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

clbarclay

posted on 17/2/05 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
The modern olympics is too big for any one city, regardless of country.
The left over facilitys are far too greater capacity for locals of one city to make most of, let allon the cost.
A whole country hosting the games is far more sustainable, especially if the games are going to continue expanding.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 17/2/05 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
what a load of pessimistic old grouches.

which is summat coming from me!

atb

steve

Snuggs

posted on 18/2/05 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Call me a cynical northener if you want but:-

Q:Who pays for the 2012 Olympics ?
A:The British taxpayer.
Q:Who profits/benefits from the 2012 Olympics ?
A: LONDON

[Edited on 18/2/05 by Snuggs]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Deckman001

posted on 18/2/05 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snuggs
Call me a cynical northener if you want but:-

Q:Who pays for the 2012 Olympics ?
A:The British taxpayer.
Q:Who profits/benefits from the 2012 Olympics ?
A: LONDON

[Edited on 18/2/05 by Snuggs]

I think you'll find that we Londoners will have to foot the bill we have allready been told by our best friend 'Ken' that we get lumbered cos were hosting it !! i bet we don't see anything of any profit that might be made

marcyboy

posted on 18/2/05 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
it will all end in tears....a muggers paradise...all those orrible creatures living nearby in stratford and hackney will be out in force
theconrodkid

posted on 18/2/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
was on telly other day,showed them trying to get on trains and drive along the roads,it cant cope with the locals so aint gona cope with visitors....then they were asking for locals to let out rooms to athleets and their followers,visitors etc,seen the price of a hotel here?
as jason pointed out us londoners will have to foot the bill,lots of small buisnesses will have to be moved,lets just hope id dissapears when the IOC realise what a bunch of clowns run london and the building sites they were shown will still be building sites in 2012

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Peteff

posted on 18/2/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
If Ken insults enough Jewish journalists it'll never happen . I somehow think he doesn't really want it anyway

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Simon

posted on 21/2/05 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote

I think you'll find that we Londoners will have to foot the bill we have allready been told by our best friend 'Ken' that we get lumbered cos were hosting it !! i bet we don't see anything of any profit that might be made

You've only got yourselves to blame. If you didn't want him in, you should've voted

ATB

Simon

PS As for Olympics - all for it so long as I can rent my house out for £20 grand a week, otherwise couldn't give a monkeys!

[Edited on 21/2/05 by Simon]

Deckman001

posted on 21/2/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote

If it only took not voting for him to get him out, we tried !!! I don't know 1 person that voted for him

Deckman001

posted on 21/2/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote

If it only took not voting for him to get him out, we tried !!! I don't know 1 person that voted for him

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.