Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: huge offset II
robby

posted on 4/3/05 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
huge offset II

carrying on from the other day, i've got mk arches for a sierra back end, and the sierra steels fit under (just), this is why i thought i'd have no bother when it came to getting alloys. if it's any easier, i've got 40mm from the mounting face on the driveshaft to the edge of the arch. anyone got wheels with these dimensions? cheers
Mix

posted on 4/3/05 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
There may be another issue with your set up.

Where are your coilovers mounted?
Will bringing the wheels inboard using large offsets still allow the inside of the rim to clear the coilovers?

Sorry if I'm just adding to your problems, (I've been there )

Mick

robby

posted on 4/3/05 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
tons of room in the way, could probably get 9" rims on!
Snuggs

posted on 4/3/05 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Is this a book chassis ?
Have you shortened the drive shafts ?

Seems to me that your hubs are way too far out.

Luego do some wide rear arches for the Velocity and Locost. (280mm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

irvined

posted on 4/3/05 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
The wide velocity rear arches are WIDE!!! I've actually got the opposite problems where the RS alloys still have about 2" to go before they will even remotely fill the arches, but I always wanted a big arse anyway.

For now I'm banging on some capri 'pepper pots' and a big spacer.

I've been quite impressed with the luego grp, so would recommend their arches if you need to make them a bit wider.

Cheers

David

robby

posted on 4/3/05 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, book chassis, homemade double wishbones ( haven't tried going round a corner yet...), d.shafts standard length. arches 290mm wide. as i said before though, the sierra steels fit under, so surely you can get alloys to the same size? made the chassis almost 2 years ago, when very few had done sierra irs, took a year to move house and build a garage, too much work to change shafts & wishbones now - almost on road.
Liam

posted on 4/3/05 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'd try some wheels on rather than relying on CAD. You might find there isn't much difference to sierra steels. The width is the tread - not neccesarily the whole wheel. Sierra steels are, what 175s? You may find some 195 tyres on alloys are simply squarer in cross section and no wider.

Hope that makes sense. Basically - try on somebody's alloys. Plenty of people run book width chassis and Sierra track width and don't have this problem.

Failing that, see Dax about some arches!

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mix

posted on 4/3/05 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
David

Could you let me know the inside and outside width of your arches please? They sound like they may be suitable for my build.

Thanks Mick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.