Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cortina Alloy Hubs, Any Wanted ???Prices now finalised!!
flak monkey

posted on 10/5/05 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner

Looks snazzy

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Deckman001

posted on 10/5/05 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've been trying to do that for twenty mins !! Bloomin laptop and it's user !! oops that's me !!
Thanks
Jason
ps more in my archive

[Edited on 10/5/05 by Deckman001]

flak monkey

posted on 10/5/05 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
To get it to work use the following link with the [ img ] code:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/IM000721.JPG

Right click on the photo in the archive, properties, copy the url which should be that above

David

PS if i had the cash i would have a pair....but i dont.

Sera

Deckman001

posted on 10/5/05 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Tried that loads of times but i'm useless on this laptop and couldn't get it to work, i hope the pics look clearer to everyone else, they look fuzzy and dull on this ere laptop thingy???
Jason
ps. thanks for posting the piccy though

[Edited on 10/5/05 by Deckman001]

Alan B

posted on 10/5/05 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Image deleted by owner

Looks snazzy

Surely thats not a Cortina hub is it?
I thought they had a forged spindle/stub axle arrangement, rather a bolt on flange type?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 10/5/05 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Tis a cortina hub. One flange is for the brake disc to bolt to, the other has the wheel studs in. Then fits over the stub axle on the upright

Sera

ned

posted on 11/5/05 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
this help alan?

ps thats a standard iron hub obviously

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 11/5/05 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, I see it now...all one piece...I stand corrected....
ned

posted on 11/5/05 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
tis a bugger if you ever have to change discs as you have to take the hub off the spindle first...

craig1410

posted on 11/5/05 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ned,
I found it really easy to remove the hub from the stub shaft when I rebuilt my uprights. In fact the only tools I needed was a screwdriver to lever off the hub cap and a pair of pliers to remove the split pin. Everything else just came off by hand!.

I actually quite like the design of having the disc held on separately to the wheel as it helps to avoid the hassles of those damned countersunk screws which you get on most disc braked cars which are usually chewed to pieces, sheared off or missing! It also made me extremely meticulous about the flatness of the hub and disc surfaces when I bolted them together and I have perfectly true discs as a result (checked with a dial gauge).

Those are very nice alloy hubs by the way, if I hadn't already rebuilt my steel ones then I'd have a pair for sure!

Cheers,
Craig.

Deckman001

posted on 11/5/05 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Pics of the Hubs have been updated in my photo archive which are alot clearer than my original ones .....Cheers Donut

Jason

ned

posted on 11/5/05 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
looking nice jason

Deckman001

posted on 11/5/05 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers ned, i have a spare set other than those on test, I'll bring them to next meet for peeps to drool over

Oh yeah, nearly forgot,, got the prices sorted for the bearings,,,,,,,,,Timken bearings will be £11.00 per hub, fitted. This price also includes the rubber seal, but NO grease, you'll have to do the messy part yourselves

So that's £47.50 +£11.00 =£58.50 Each Hub with bearings fitted

Obviously I recommend to all that I get the bearings fitted in the workshop, as this will avoid any problems arising from bearings not being fitted correctly, if hubs are bought 'bare' then 'no responsibility will be taken by the manufacturer for damage caused by others installing their own bearings'

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 18/5/05 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just to let people know, testing is now taking place, with no concerns to report after first couple of drives, will keep you all updated via these posts as there are too many u2u's to send other wise

Jason

flak monkey

posted on 18/5/05 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Same price as on Rally Design, though you have to add VAT to theirs and wheel bearings. In all a good buy, and if i had the cash i would have some

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4352

David

Sera

Deckman001

posted on 22/5/05 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, I think so as well, oh and at least Nobody else will have to pay the £45 for the bearings that I had to pay for the test car !! Timken ain't cheap, well not if you buy them yourselves anyway !!
Testing is still going on, no probs to report
Jason :-))

Deckman001

posted on 1/9/05 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Just to report, The testing is still going very well, and I will have a display set with me when i go to the Brands hatch show this month

Jason

NS Dev

posted on 1/9/05 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
have you got the part numbers for the Timken bearings?

As I work for Timken I can see what I can do. I don't work for the bearing division but I can see if I can have a word in an appropriate ear!

Deckman001

posted on 1/9/05 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Have sorted a 'price' for a bulk buy of them now so price has lowered from the £20 each side i originally paid
Thanks for offering though

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 18/11/05 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be leaving a Hub with Triton at the Exeter show on Sunday if anyone wants a looksee at the sample
Marks easier to find seeing as he'll be the one with a couple of seats

Jason
Description
Description

[Edited on 18/11/05 by Deckman001]

Northy

posted on 18/11/05 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
When will they be for sale though?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Deckman001

posted on 19/11/05 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
As soon as the tester lets me
Am Very sorry for the delay in getting these hubs for sale, I didn't realise how extensive the testing process needed to be, Have now been told testing has endured over 400 miles , a few more trips out and final inspection to go
With this news I can go back to the cnc shop and ask for a quicker turnaround with with prodution

Jason

Northy

posted on 19/11/05 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
OK, no worries

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Deckman001

posted on 3/2/06 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
Testing is complete and all ok, so I will be placing an order in the cnc shop on Monday.
Any more takers ?
Jason

timmy

posted on 7/2/06 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
Jason,
Can you pls let me know the spec numbers of the bearings and the distance apart when they're fitted? I need to check that the spindles I have will be compatible..... I have heard there are some differences between your Cortina's and the ones we got here in Oz....

Cheers,

Tim

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.