Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: xe in locost
david duncan

posted on 19/4/05 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
xe in locost

Collecting parts for my latest project, have most parts (somewhere). Standard xe, SBD Bellhousing, Type 9 gearbox, Which Clutch?
skippad

posted on 19/4/05 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi david
You use XE pressure cover (if u have it),
Sierra 8.5" heavy duty, or any 8.5" 23 splined friction plate, sierra release bearing, RS2000 release arm or off the shelf item by SBD/Yukspeed and capri short clutch cable! PHEW!
Skippa D

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 20/4/05 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
A reasonablish alternative to a clutch arm and cable would be a hydraulic clutch.

if the engine is standard sierra clutch should be fine, if you want to spend money a lightweight flywheel and 7 1/4" clutch would be nice and light engine will rev very easily..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Lovelock

posted on 20/4/05 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
a lightweight flywheel and 7 1/4" clutch would be nice, how much money are we talking for that then?
BMF

posted on 20/4/05 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Steve

I got my flywheel lightened by a couple of kilos and balanced for £30, got an AP racing clutch for £90 from Yukspeed which you will need for higher power (>170 BHP).

ACE Motorsport in Four Marks did my flywheel.

Cheers Ben

ned

posted on 20/4/05 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
theres a guy who sells a standard ring gear size steel flywheel at only 2.6kg's for about £85-90 which I think is excellent value. the down side is prob looking at £300 ish for a 7 1/4" clutch, more if you want an ally cover. rally design/burtons etc are good as most afaik for price. we have a race car with a 5.5" and that is like an on/off switch, very tricky. a sprung paddle or rally spec clutch would be good for road/track use imho as you might have a chance of slipping the clutch in traffic, though it should be avoided on this type normally afaik. stand to be corrected on any of the above..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.