Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rain Hood
imull

posted on 26/4/05 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Rain Hood

Anyone know if anyone makes a rain hood/woterproof cabin for 7 style cars?

Very tempted to buy one as the plan of building one will have to wait. Unless I can get hold of one then I suspect it might also have to wait until I can afford a play car to go alongsidet he rally cars

cheers

zilspeed

posted on 27/4/05 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Firstly

Jill Judd's Website - she is the hood Meistress.

Secondly - Oohh, Clan Crusader. I likey. A friend has a blackbird powered car and I still have very fond memories of Stan 'the clan' share racing the old Johny Blades / Kenny Allen lightweight car. The grp on the roof and floor were so light that they were transparent enought to let light shine through.

longwayoff

posted on 27/4/05 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
The best hood I have seen is the one on Derek Manders car he is part of this group his email is derek.manders@virgin.net he had it custom built by a man who makes boat canopies so he knows all about water and keeping it out. I seem to recall that although this was a one off and made to measure it did not cost the earth.

Contact Derek A really nice guy, he loves a chat about Locosts and will gladly tell you all about his hood

imull

posted on 27/4/05 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
ta very muchly folks. Will get in touch with them over the next few days. Rains too much here to not have one ~ there has to be some sort of public decency law about driving in a wetsuit lol

When finished the Clan will be a bit of a monster. Currently building itno a very highly developed lightweight (though not that light) shell with works spec mechanicals.

Hopefully to be seen on a road rally and Tour of Mull in the near future

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.