Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR1000 Ignition fault code
alister667

posted on 20/5/05 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR1000 Ignition fault code

A mate is building a GSXR 1000 (K1 engine) Seven, just starting on his electrics. Anyhow he doesn't have the ignition barrel, and consequntly he's getting a 'C42' diagnostics code error - Ignition Barrel Problem. He's tried hotwiring it to no avail - does anyone here know how the ignition barrel on a Gixxer works? Is there something to drop the voltage (a bit like the 99 fireblade that requires a resistor added to fool the anti theft mechanism) - or any other anti theft/hotwiring measures, and, ideally, how can they be bypassed?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Ali

[Edited on 20/5/05 by alister667]

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
colibriman

posted on 20/5/05 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Alistair,
I made some enquiries and I've been told that on the K1/K2 theres an orange/yellow that goes directly from the cdi to the ignition switch, this wants a 100 ohm resistor between it and earth.

hope this helps

Colin

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alister667

posted on 20/5/05 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Colin, you're a star!
Many thanks, I'll let Brian know and we'll see if we can't get it going tomorrow.
Cheers
Ali

[Edited on 20/5/05 by alister667]

colibriman

posted on 20/5/05 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
no probs....hope it helps....

the only other thing to be aware of is the tilt switch....make sure thats sorted out (I'm not sure wat way it goes)

give me a call if you still have trouble...numbers on the website..

cheers
Colin

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
alister667

posted on 21/5/05 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Colin,
Just to let you know we got the gixxer going for the first time today - blue flames from out the exhaust ports and all!
Brian was chuffed to bits, I was made up too - the only trouble we had was because we had the fuel pump wired off a seperate 12V feed the ECU assumed there was a fault with the fuel pump. One blown fuel pump fuse later we had it sorted though and vroom vroom!
Many thanks again.

Ali

colibriman

posted on 22/5/05 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
cool....glad to help.....!

MarkClow

posted on 23/5/05 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
If anyone else needs gsxr1000 wiring info I downloaded a document called 'GSXR1000 Wiring Cookbook' from somewhere on the dsr racer forum http://p081.ezboard.com/bdsrforum

If you email me at markclow@hotmail.com I will reply with it attached.

It has all the wiring changes needed for GSXR1000 in a car and I know it worked on mine this week - my car is now running.

[Edited on 23/5/05 by MarkClow]

[Edited on 23/5/05 by MarkClow]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.