Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Most embarassing moment
jonbeedle

posted on 25/5/05 at 01:40 AM Reply With Quote
Most embarassing moment

What's your most embarassing moment?
One that springs to mind for me was when a friend and his wife visited us and showed us photos of thier honeymoon. One of the photos showed a person but was not very clear. Assuming it was my mate in the picture I said jokingly "Who is that ugly sod?"
Pointing to his wife he said "It's her."
We never saw them again after that!

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 25/5/05 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
once called the brother in laws girlfreind by his ex's name ,You could have heard a pin drop .
Peteff

posted on 25/5/05 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Once walked into the pub bog and slapped my mate on the back knocking him into the trough, well it looked like him from behind . Also, not mine but funny anyway, I was fork lift driving and had just loaded a lorry with ingots to go to the mill and this bloke Harold came to bring the notes out to the driver. A rather large ugly woman came out of the office and walked past and the lorry driver said, "fancy waking up next to that every morning" and Harold replied "Yes it's my wife". The driver couldn't get off site fast enough.

[Edited on 25/5/05 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mark_UK

posted on 25/5/05 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Years ago,having done a week in a new job I asked the supervisor who was that scruffy looking knobhead that was mincing across the factory floor."Oh thats the managing director, I play golf with him" came the reply.Oops.
zilspeed

posted on 25/5/05 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've given up on counting / remembering embarassing moments. Nowadays I just work on the basis that my next c*ckup is just around the corner, no point in getting worried about it.

I know - wrong answer, but that's my strategy

DorsetStrider

posted on 2/6/05 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mine would have to be when my (now) ex girlfriends parents caught us at it..... what made it even worse was the fact that she was handcuffed to their kitchen table at the time.

Her old man was in the army...... 3 bleeping miles is a bloody long way to run while trying to pull up your jeans!

Who the f**K tightened this up!

David Jenkins

posted on 2/6/05 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'm like zilspeed - I have an astonishing talent for saying the wrong thing at the most inappropriate time... now I don't worry about it any more, and have learned to live with it!
(my friends know what I'm like...)

David

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/6/05 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have had a few, but one i would mention in public was like something out of a situation comedy.

Before I married my wife, and had'nt known her long, we planned a weeks camping in Cornwall.

I was 19 at the time, and she was 17, and there was no way her mum and dad would have agreed.

So, we told her parents that we were going with my mum and dad. Sorted. Told my mum and dad that Janet's parents were cool with it.

Fast forward to the morning we leave. There we are, at my parents house, almost ready to go, and her mum and dad pulled up outside.

I had about 30 seconds to fill my parents in with the situation and get them to go along with it.

My poor dad had to pretend he was just about to leave for his hols, and come up with a load of tosh to help me out.

we got away with it, but I still remember him saying never to ask him to do something like that again.........

atb

steve

DorsetStrider

posted on 2/6/05 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
OMG!!!!!!

Your dad is sooooo cool! My old man would NEVER have done that for me.

Who the f**K tightened this up!

Simon

posted on 3/6/05 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

I trust you have since told your wife's parents the truth

What was their response

ATB

Simon

stephen_gusterson

posted on 3/6/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
No, they have never been told. Didnt seem to be the need.

We were talking 1978, my FIL died in 85, and it doesnt seem much of a point telling my 80 year old MIL after 27 years.

Anyway. I did the right thing and got married

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Steve,

I trust you have since told your wife's parents the truth

What was their response

ATB

Simon

Alez

posted on 10/6/05 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
I did the right thing and got married

As in "I did the right thing during the camping and so I had to get married because of it"??

Anyway, the story is real funny

stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/6/05 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
7 years between those events!

atb

steve

Alez

posted on 13/6/05 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
OK OK, that proves you innocent!!
NS Dev

posted on 13/6/05 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
a few little incidents for me, starting with the usual, slightly beery confident stroll into the womens toilet by accident, only made worse by holding the door for a young lady leaving the toilet and still not realising, it was only the horrible realisation that a) there were no urinals and b) there was a lot of laughter suddenly in the bar that made me realise...................had to do a little bow as I left the ladies toilet!

Another was leaning back on what I thought was my chair in a quiet village pub, only to find it was a stool and me ending up setting my hair on fire as I fell into the open firegrate behind me!

I suppose the time I set somebody elses car on fire whilst welding a sill would rate highly in the "headless chicken simulation" department, if not the embarrassment one!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.