Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Missing file on my PC.
B3Saxo

posted on 21/12/02 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Missing file on my PC.

I've got Nero burning rom installed on my pc, Worked fine for over a year, but now i can't copy CD's cos i've got a missing file!

WNASPI32.DLL

Anyone know where I can get it? Or what to do?

Thanks!

chrisg

posted on 21/12/02 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Do you have the CD it came on ?- You could re-install.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

ChrisW

posted on 21/12/02 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like it'll be something to do with the ASPI layer which (i think) allows Windoze to talk to things like CDROMs. There's a copy on this PC (Windows 98) in c:\windows\system and c:\Prog files\Ahead\Nero\Migrate

Drop me an email and I'll send a copy over.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 21/12/02 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
wnaspi file

The one in Nero is different to the one on win 98 on my computer. It will open in notepad on windows but the Nero one is too large for notepad so it will open in wordpad instead. Which one do you need. It should paste in wherever it was before.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Peteff

posted on 21/12/02 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Check again

Yep the windows one is 36k and the Nero one is 169k. Definitely different. the Nero one is in program files as an application extension.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

B3Saxo

posted on 21/12/02 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'm running Win ME, the bloke that built the PC for me has gone on holiday over the new year, not back till 20th of jan! (Should have got into PC building!)

But I can't make Cop---- erm I mean Replicas of Other cd's for my own personal use!

JohnFol

posted on 23/12/02 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
This is the Nero FAQ on the subject
http://www.nero.com/en/#c1015839577540

and here is the file
ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll

B3Saxo

posted on 23/12/02 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Iv'e tryed to load that file in the nero file and it won't start up now. Not the correct Dll file or somthing. Removed it now though.

Original Windows DLL Required?

[Edited on 23/12/02 by B3Saxo]

kingr

posted on 28/12/02 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
Being lucky enough (ahem) to spend all my working days sorting out problems like this, I would say the order of attack would go something like this :

1) reboot PC (I'm guessing you've done this, but you'd be amazed how many problems are solved this way, makes the users look like prats too )

2) uninstall nero, reboot, and then reinstall it

3) get a copy of the aspi runtime files, not as easy to get as they used to be due to adaptec (who I believe own them) aren't so keen to hand them out, but they are still out there, and last time I checked they were on adaptec's site, but quite deeply hidden. If you really really can't find them, then give me a shout.

4) Failing that and having checked as many forums/faq/whatever as you can find, reinstall windows (upgrade over current version with current version if you catch my drift)

5) If all else fails, upgrade to win2k or XP pro (home might be acceptable, depends what you're doing, I know it would drive me insane). Not wishing to slag off your operating system too severely, but it is pretty weak, it was only really sold through OEM, and even that wasn't for very long, I seem to recall that some OEMs stuck with 98SE in preference depite buyer's natural desires to get the newest everything.

If you're afraid about compatability/performance issues (XP is pretty heavy on the systems requirements) then I'd go for 98SE, it's got most things the average user needs, it's very compatible, comparatively good on resources and it's the most stable of the 9x series.

Let's hope you don't need to go to these extremes, although if you're planning on reinstalling at some point, it's worth considering.

Good Luck

Kingr

JohnFol

posted on 30/12/02 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
PS XP has the CD buring s/w built in to the os, so forget Nero.
Mat-d-Rat

posted on 30/12/02 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
You need to download and install ASPI http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70

## # Mat # ##
Webmaster of www.RHOCaR.org
my eXmo - http://projectX.rhocar.org

B3Saxo

posted on 4/1/03 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
Sorted!

Went to system restore, then went back to a later saved date and copied the file from there. came back to the original date and copy and pated it from a floppy!

[Dyl tap's himself on the shoulder!] "well done!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.