Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pembrey
I.S.M

posted on 12/7/05 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Pembrey

Great weekend racing at pembrey. Well done to all for keeping both finals clean and without red flags. I was in the inner paddock when the announcement was made about the barrier repair resulting in hold ups etc - it wasnt very well recieved adding to the 'cowboy' reputation of the locosts, however we proved we can provide close clean racing in the afternoon!

Great circuit pembrey, very challenging for passing! Was pleased to get a fastest lap, even though finished a lowly 6th.

Better start speeding my brain up now for cadwell on the 4th to 7th of august where i will be competing in the radical festival in a car with another 110BHP above what my locost has!

See yuo guys at silverstone. Unless i bend the radical - in which case i will be grounded.

Jamie Robinson
ARDS Circuit Driving Instruction
www.jamie-robinson.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob Palin

posted on 12/7/05 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jamie,

I too had a fantastic weekend at Pembrey, although most of my enjoyment came from the second race rather than the first (where i got pushed off track 4 times).

The red flag situation in the heats was very frustrating, especially since the first accident occurred under yellow flags and was totally avoidable.

The second final was great though. I was extremely chuffed to get my best ever result of 6th and thoroughly enjoyed my battle with you. I hope there wasn't any damage done when Martin clobbered your rear wheel at the hairpin?

Locost82

posted on 14/7/05 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a great video of the first incident as I was about 2 places away from the collision.

Paul Cooper took a very heavy impact and he never saw it coming. I imagine he had a few bruises that evening when the adrenaline wore off.

Hope he can get the car back for the next race.

Gloves
Junior Builder

Posts 35
Registered 23/12/03
Location Derby

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Selling 750MC Locost, building RaceKits Falcon 750

posted on 14/7/05 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
I was directly behind Paul (luckily for me my overtaking manoeuvre got curtailed by the yellow flag on the pit wall and I pulled in line astern with him) and have got video footage of the incident as well, not that it lasts long - a blue flash passes past my car and into the side of poor Mr Cooper. It just shows how incredibly lucky I was not to be involved at all and how unlucky Paul was to be hit so hard turning into the apex of a hairpin under waved yellows.........

It is a good testament of how strong these cars can be though as it was a quite high speed impact and hit plumb in the centre of the car.

DickieB

posted on 19/7/05 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Finally got around to updating my website
Team Dickie Website
with Pembrey reports

Dickie

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob Palin

posted on 20/7/05 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Great report Dickie.

Loved the bit about me overtaking you.

Not so much the bit about me later driving straight off the road though.

DickieB

posted on 20/7/05 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
You weren't alone - many suffered at Dibeni....

Edit: If we try really hard, I should get up to 10,000 hits on my website by the end of the season!

[Edited on 20/7/05 by DickieB]

Rob Palin

posted on 20/7/05 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
It was a bit of a funny one as i don't think i went just a little wide i went well and truly off-course.

I'd like to believe it was oil left over from that nasty slick dropped there in qualifying...but chances are that it was driver error. At least it wasn't as scary as this moment. Fortunately my front wheels got on the grass and the back stuck. I carried on as if nothing happened. Phew! Rescued attachment Oh_dear.jpg
Rescued attachment Oh_dear.jpg

DickieB

posted on 20/7/05 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Good photo Rob! I thought it was only sprints that were allowed to use the track in both directions!
Rob Palin

posted on 20/7/05 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
In this case it looks like i just couldn't make up my mind which way i was going to go!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.