Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New seats
MustangSix

posted on 24/7/05 at 01:33 AM Reply With Quote
New seats

I had a set of seat covers from a 66 Mustang that I had bought many years ago and after measuring, they looked pretty close. This is what the rear seat back and the front seat backs (used as bottom cushions) look like after an initial stuffing. I think I'll finish stuffing them and taking out the wrinkles.

[Edited on 24/7/05 by MustangSix]

madman280

posted on 24/7/05 at 01:54 AM Reply With Quote
The seats are looking really good. I'd given a bit of thought to using back seats like you have but was able to aquire a heap load of black material from damaged pick-up truck tonneau covers. The frame work that supports them on the truck is all aluminum. Saved a bunch of that too along with the fastening system that to the frame. I'm hoping to make a tonneau cover for the seven and perhaps a convertable top (hood).
I noticed a nice neat plastic fuel tank in your photos. Is from a car of some sort or new?

MustangSix

posted on 24/7/05 at 02:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks. Using the Mustang covers was one of those things that just struck me as I was working on the Mustang.

The tank is steel. It's from a Triumph Spitfire, Mk IV, I think. It holds about 10.5 gallons.

madman280

posted on 24/7/05 at 02:10 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks
The tank looks to fit quite nice.I also noticed your using a Ford six. Is your chassis much different than the book? Wide or longer?

James

posted on 29/7/05 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Mustang,

Love the seats- look fantastic, even more impressive as they're a DIY job!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Jon Bradbury

posted on 29/7/05 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Lovely bit of "locosting"..

There's a picture of a similar arrangement in my copy of Ron Champion's book, using the seats from an Allegro Vanden Plas (don't ask, pleeease...)

I think it looks pretty good but I'd worry about not having head restraints.

MustangSix

posted on 30/7/05 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
We have a plan for head rests that will bolt to the rear bulkhead. I found some neat ones in the scrapyard.

I finished stuffing and stapling and the covers look nice and tidy now. And very comfortable.

[Edited on 30/7/05 by MustangSix]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.