Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brands Hatch - Video Idea
DickieB

posted on 25/7/05 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Brands Hatch - Video Idea

I know it's weeks away, but I was just thinking. Brands is a small enough track that we could video the whole course with just a few carefully placed friends with video cameras in the grandstands. I think that 5 or 6 people would be ample, which would mean having to sift through 1-1 1/2 hrs of tapes, which is not too bad.

It would take a whole heap of editing afterwards, but we could keep it to highlights only to begin with....

Thoughts? Volunteers?

Dickie

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob Palin

posted on 25/7/05 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good idea to me. We could also mix in some on-board footage now that there are so many cameras on the cars.

If it was all done digitally then could edit it on my PC (once the replacement power supply arrives for the one that blew up last week!).

DickieB

posted on 25/7/05 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Rob
I still can't edit any of my digital files for some reason (probably incompetence). Luckily I'm better at driving than video editing, but it is a bit frustrating having to watch 10 mins of sitting in the paddock/on the start line before the race actually gets going.
Dickie

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chris.russell

posted on 25/7/05 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
I can't make it but I do have one of those bullet cameras that can be placed anywhere on a car to give some really wierd camera angles. Its available to anyone who wants to burrow it as long as they have a camcorder with AV IN and promise not to break it!

Mines a pint

Avoneer

posted on 25/7/05 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Dickie, are there any of your in-car footage vids available anywhere?

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Rob Palin

posted on 25/7/05 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Rich - are your editing problems down to how the software works or more like hardware limitations?
DickieB

posted on 25/7/05 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Rob: I have a variety of softwares but none seem to work. I run an Intel4 2Ghz with 640Mb RAM so should be OK?

Avoneer: Yes, plenty on my computer at home! Most come in at about 30-50Mb.

[Edited on 25/7/05 by DickieB]

Rob Palin

posted on 25/7/05 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Rich - your PC may well not have enough RAM. I've got 1Gb and mine swaps like crazy whilst processing a video.

Windows XP has claimed to be using up to 1.8Gb, for what it's reports are worth.

I did manage to do some editing when i had 512Mb but had lots of problems and am now thinking of expanding up to 1.5Gb to try and ease the strain on my PC.

DickieB

posted on 25/7/05 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps I'll just give you a CD with them on to be edited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ernie

posted on 25/7/05 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
A bit off the track, but I saw some on car video from Pembry 2004 but can`t remember where, any clues anyone?
DickieB

posted on 25/7/05 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, my (other) website!
http://www.asmr27.dsl.pipex.com

Rob Palin

posted on 25/7/05 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DickieB
Perhaps I'll just give you a CD with them on to be edited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a problem - how many do you have and how big are they in their raw form?

DickieB

posted on 25/7/05 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
2 from Donny - 90 and 44 Mb
1 from Cadwell - 91 Mb
2 from Pembrey - 77 and 56 Mb

Avoneer

posted on 25/7/05 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dickie,
Any chance of getting a copy of all your files on a CD?
I just love watching in-car footage and Fluke motorsport is about as good as you can download on the internet.
Cheers,
Pat...

Gloves
Junior Builder

Posts 35
Registered 23/12/03
Location Derby

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Selling 750MC Locost, building RaceKits Falcon 750

posted on 25/7/05 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I have some footage from Brands Hatch in April at:

http://www.members.aol.com/mackaizer/teamracinggloves/gallery

I have footage from Donington, Cadwell and Pembrey just waiting to be uploaded, I really should get round to updating the site some time ...

DickieB

posted on 25/7/05 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent quality footage Mark.
Avoneer

posted on 25/7/05 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
How do you get these rm files to play - I get about 20 seconds then it stops.

Cheers,

Pat...

Rob Palin

posted on 26/7/05 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Rich - Those files are relatively small and would be no problem for me to edit. Either you can post a CD to me or i'll pick one up off you at Brands.

Mark - Didn't know you had a website! Couldn't view the videos just yet but i did see the picture of the terminal sunburn. Owwwww!

Avoneer - There was a 'highlights' video compiled from the onboard footage of a load of people at the end of last year and then handed out to newbies at the start of this season. I'll see if the guy's got any copies left.

DickieB

posted on 26/7/05 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Rob - you're a star. I'll be in touch by email.

Avoneer - send me your address richbrown@dsl.pipex.com and I'll put a CD in the post - I have about 18 in-car videos, not all of which are mine.

Locost82

posted on 26/7/05 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Dickie, sounds like a great idea. I've got lots of video from in the car, but none from outside as I only own one camera!!

One camera at Druids, one in the stand for the straight and Paddock Hill bend, and a couple of others. We could even get the official commentry as a soundtrack.

Could have a practice at Silverstone.

DickieB

posted on 26/7/05 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Except I'm not at Silverstone (wedding, not mine). And you'd need a lot more cameras at Silverstone.

What we need is people with mates/pitcrew who normally turn up anyway, who will sit there with a camera. No offers so far :-(

Robster

posted on 28/7/05 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Dickie,

I *might* (pending decision on family commitments!) be going to Brands to watch and pester the drivers for build advice; if I go, will be happy to be a cameraman for the day... will let you know if I will be there.

Rob.

[Edited on 28/7/05 by Robster]

Rob F

posted on 28/7/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Dickie, I should be at Brands and we normally video the race trackside, so I'd be happy to contribute.
Rob Fitter (16)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.