Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front shock absorber layouts
davepro

posted on 25/7/05 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Front shock absorber layouts

Hi All

Does anyone have drawings/details of alternative shock absorber arangements as I am working up up a plan to follow Ewan's example and create a 4x4 locost. Clearly I need to move the shock absorbers from the centre line of the wheel as that is where the drive shaft goes.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Prouten

ADD

posted on 25/7/05 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have got a mate who is building a 4x4 locost based on a sierra xr4x4.
I will get some pics to give you some idea and pick his brains about it when I see him next.

Liam

posted on 30/7/05 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
Oh wow!!! More 4x4s - Woo hoo!!

Get your mate on here - how dare there be locosters who do not post here! How far along is he - i'd love to see some photos.

You've got two options: move the shock infront of or behind the driveshaft as Ewan has and as Dax do on their Quadra, or go inboard with pushrods or top rocking arms. (I'm sure technically there's other silly options like transverse leaf springs or something, but I'm just mentioning the ones you'll actually want to consider). I've gone for inboard top rocking arms...

Hello, and best of luck!

Liam Rescued attachment 2.jpg
Rescued attachment 2.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.