Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: McSorley book chassis error?
Gav

posted on 31/7/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
McSorley book chassis error?

Im just adding the top Q tube and the McSorley plan says it should 874 from the right hand edge of Q to the front nose of the car, however with Q cut to the right length and it fits nicley between the two uprights and is parrallel to the bottom tube. it actually measures 884, i double checked all the measurements and it seems right.
anyone else notice this error?

want2race

posted on 1/8/05 at 03:05 AM Reply With Quote
I am looking at the plan and it says 823.. I am not sure if your using a wider chassis or simply something else is wrong.

I had no problems with the plans (where I followed them.)

gixxerboy

posted on 1/8/05 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Where exactly are you measuring? I'm assuming you're talking about the distance from the right side of tube Q as viewed from above (with the front of the chassis to the right) to the end of tube J2.
The book gives this measurement as 876mm while the McSorleys plan give this measurement as 874mm.

Gav

posted on 1/8/05 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
I am using the Mcsorley Book chassis plans.
Not the +4 or +442 derivatives.
And yes i am looking at the top chassis assembly drawing looking down at it.

as i said ive remeasured all most all the the chassis and if i place the Q tube at 874mm as per the plans it is slighlty forward of the bottom tube from which the uprights a tacked to.
Should Q not run in parrallel with the bottom tube?
with all the other measurements correct, ie the length of the bottom of the chassis is exactly 2334mm and the front nose is 76mm reclined as it should be, it just seems odd that this Q tube is 884 instead of 874!
Well everything is only tacked until its fully assembled so at least i can check it all out then.

[Edited on 1/8/05 by Gav]

omega 24 v6

posted on 1/8/05 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Somethings wrong. If you work from the front of the mc sorely plans then tube C on the bottom of the chassis is 686+25+239=950mm
If you work from the front for the top of the chassis tube Q is
874 back+the 76 offset for LA/LB/LC/LD=950mm
You say the chassis is the correct length at the bottom so the one thing that could be wrong would be if your front L assy was not exactly 76 mm offset. It may have been made 76mm offset but is it fitted square to the bottom rails or could it be inclined forward by 10mm.
Hope this makes sense.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.