Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: basic gsxr throttle body questions
dmottaway

posted on 16/8/05 at 01:47 AM Reply With Quote
basic gsxr throttle body questions

I am thinking that I want to put some gsxr600 throttle bodies on my 4age, so I bought a set without knowing anything about them.

Now I am looking at them and not knowing which way is forward (I do know which way is up!).

The biggest question, tonight, is about the butterflies, themselves.

There are two per body. Is one a choke? Never heard of a choke on a FI engine.

One set of butterflies is very easy to turn and the shaft ends in what I first thought was a very large Throttle Position Sensor. But now, I don't think so. What is it?

The other set is very hard to turn (gave up trying - don't want to break anything). This shaft is equipped with what looks like a very small TPS - am I right on this one?

These butterflies are very close to the injectors which, I am guessing, puts them closer to the valves.

Can somebody confirm/refute my assumptions, explain why those butterflies are hard to turn, and explain what that big thing is at the end of the one shaft.

I will be getting a manual soon. But I will also continue asking here. Please bear with me.

dave

Somewhere, in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

physician

posted on 16/8/05 at 02:57 AM Reply With Quote
i"ve put gsxr 1000 on honda engien one time, the first buterfly is the throttle, with a tsp, the second is run with a motor by an ecu to fine tune air flow to the engine to maximise torque, so remove them for your install and plug the holes
your 600 are 38mm if my memory is correct 750 and 1000 are 42mm at the plate

i have cbr 600rr 40mm abd cbr 954rr 43mm if you need bigger
or more info ask i may help

GeoffT

posted on 16/8/05 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Dave,

In you look in my photo archive (in the throttle bodies folder) you'll find a few pics of what I did with mine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.