Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blade 929 Power Commander map for sva
richard staniforth

posted on 18/8/05 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Blade 929 Power Commander map for sva

Just had the SVA test at Watnall yesterday, it only failed on emissions. We tried for 45-60mins to tweak the power commander but just couldn't get it right.

The lambda was to high but CO correct, if we increased the fuel the lamdba was looking Ok but the CO was way over.

I've an oldish Cat on a 4-2-1 exhaust, currently running cut down plastic trumpets taken out of airbox WITH NO filter (planning to change this when road legal)

The PC is the PCIIIUSB.

Any suggests on how to get it to pass?
Any one got a map I can try?
Would you recommend putting a airfilter on?.

Cheers.....

shortie

posted on 18/8/05 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
MAC1 are the boys for this one I reckon, I think when I spoke to Mark yesterday he mentioned that you were going for SVA. Shame it only failed on that but a very good result to just fail on one thing.

They have got alot of cars through the emissions with their 'rent-a-cat' so should be able to help you, have you spoken to them?

Rich.

richard staniforth

posted on 18/8/05 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
I drove the car straight up to MAC1 after the test and its there now.
The inj blade and PowerCommander is abit new to us all, so I was checking if there was anyone who had already been in this situation.
I'm confident that they will get the emissions down, I just wanted to try and speed up the process. Would like to retest it tomorrow )

shortie

posted on 18/8/05 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
I see, no probs, I think Paul Fisher has this setup, maybe a U2U to him is worth a go.

I'm sure MAC1 will sort it but as you say a little help could be handy.

Good luck,
Rich.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 18/8/05 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
just spotted this thread,noticed Ive just received a u2u,but I can't read it computers playing upso incase its from you richard I will try to help.
I only fitted a power commander to my mk after it had passed the sva,I was informed a power commander increasers fueling over standard ecu settings,even at its lowest setting ,at either low,medium,and high calibration.
I fitted a westfield/ busa cat/silencer,which was new,I have a ITG foam sausage filter fitted,there was no lambda sensor fitted,and it passed the sva 1st time well below the limit.
these are the actual results below.
co% 0.12
hc ppm 16
lambda 1.00

so the only thing I would advise,is to try it without the power commander fitted,can't see the lack of a filter making any difference,this should make it run leaner.
hope this helps,and good luck.
cheers Paul

co%

richard staniforth

posted on 19/8/05 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Paul, Thanks.
I'll get MAC#1 to test without the PC fitted see what the readings are.

Fingers crossed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.