Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello
speed8

posted on 31/8/05 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hello

Just thought I'd say hello as I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time looking on here in a couple of months time.
Been lurking for a while getting some info and ideas and now my P&J, a tvr cerbera, is up for sale so I can start a project.
When it is sold I will be putting my money on a Mac#1 Type9R with an R1 engine and hopefully running on 13"s. I was hoping to set it up with Telemetrix gauges, my preference, but I haven't seen them with 12k+ rev counters. If anybody knows any different let me know.

No particular reason for the Mac#1. I like the look of their kit and the guys are friendly. I was out in their ex-police demo the other day with Zetec and throttle bodies and it was brill so hopfully the R1 will be an even bigger thrill .

Hoping I can get it all done for next years track day season which is the main reason (an off in the tiv scares me cost wise ).

Anybody local to Leeds that I can maybe pester for a look at their build

Anyway.... I'm sure I'll have lots more questions later.

Andy

RI8CHP

posted on 31/8/05 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
hi andy

i was lurking for a while to mate and decided to go for a mac#1 type zr just picked the kit up on saturday mark and col are really two sound chaps and i to was really impressed with the quality and thrill of there car.

they took my dad out and he was also amazed with the performance of the car he didnt stop talking about it for weeks

good luck and i'll probly c u at mac#1 some time

leon

Hellfire

posted on 31/8/05 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speed8
Just thought I'd say hello as I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time looking on here in a couple of months time.
Been lurking for a while getting some info and ideas and now my P&J, a tvr cerbera, is up for sale so I can start a project.
When it is sold I will be putting my money on a Mac#1 Type9R with an R1 engine and hopefully running on 13"s. I was hoping to set it up with Telemetrix gauges, my preference, but I haven't seen them with 12k+ rev counters. If anybody knows any different let me know.

No particular reason for the Mac#1. I like the look of their kit and the guys are friendly. I was out in their ex-police demo the other day with Zetec and throttle bodies and it was brill so hopfully the R1 will be an even bigger thrill .

Hoping I can get it all done for next years track day season which is the main reason (an off in the tiv scares me cost wise ).

Anybody local to Leeds that I can maybe pester for a look at their build

Anyway.... I'm sure I'll have lots more questions later.

Andy

Not a MAC#1 but an MK Indy - not a Zetec but a ZX12R - not quite local, in Rotherham. Best thing to do is visit a few manufacturer's - MK on Saturday morning 10:30'ish is always a good crack... usually 1/2 dozen cars there - not just MK's for you to have a look at and maybe even blag a co-pilot ride in a few.

HTH

speed8

posted on 31/8/05 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Challenges already!!!

If I read right you can fool the diagnostics by leaving the EXUP servo connected and using a resisistor for the fuel light. But.... If the tacho is electrical then why wouldn't a different electrical tacho do the same job. Surely it uses the same signal.
I'm probably wrong but it's good to find out these things now....

I figured the 13"s would need a different option for brakes, haven't looked into it too much but hopefully it can be done without too much hassle.

Leon, nice one. I just missed you then. I was down yesterday for a chat. I met another guy there but I didn't catch his name, built one with a blade engine.

Just need to sell my car now so I can go buy the bits!!!!

DarrenW

posted on 1/9/05 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Im building a ZR Pinto. Not massively local but if your passing ill stick the kettle on (Bishop Auckland - 20 mins from Jn56 (the Jn after scotch corner)).

Excellent choice of kit. Mine is going together very well. Service from Mac#1 is legendary - if i had to cost up the value of there help my build costs would have doubled. I dont like bikes and dont understand the engines hence opting for a car engine. Ive fitted DD2 and love it. Ive thought about 13" wheels, they didnt seem to want to go over the Sierra hubs / brakes too well so have a bit think. It might have been cos i didnt have the brakes filled / bled so the calipers may not have been pulled in enough. 15" wheels with R888's will give you more than enough grip / performance.

mac1

posted on 1/9/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,

I've built several R1 engined Type9R's that use the Digidash set up,all run fine without the standard clocks, you've just got to know what to do, rear discs on 13" wheels not a problem, as used on the new lightweight Type9R Works chassis.

Cheers

Mark

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.