Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dzus fastners
Arjan356

posted on 5/9/05 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Dzus fastners

Hello,

I want to use Dzus fastners for the bonnet, a MK-indy bonnet.
Can anybody tell me what spring (panelthickness) to use?
Are the Dzus with spring also SVA approved?

Best regards,

Arjan

DarrenW

posted on 5/9/05 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
You might find data here

http://www.southco.com/default.aspx

ned

posted on 5/9/05 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
i bought some 6-7mm and they're not deep enough. this was for mounting the nose cone.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon F27

posted on 8/9/05 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
While there is a thread on Dzus fastners I thought I would ask a question. I know they with in 2 parts 1 being the spring. Do you make up the brackets that recieve the fastner or can you buy them and what is the best way to attach to the chassis.

cheers

Simon

Triton

posted on 8/9/05 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
You can buy the brackets but they are a universal thing, you are better off making your own.....make them in ali and rivet them on...or use rivnuts, with holes in brackets bigger than needed to allow adjustment.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gottabedone

posted on 11/9/05 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Watch the length of your Dzus fasteners as they are made for the thickness of steel or ally, no grp panels which are a lot thicker. If you make your own brackets then you can either vary the thickness or use washers under the springs to get the fit that you want.

steve

madman280

posted on 11/9/05 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
There are an endless variety of Dzus fasteners suitable for holding nearly any panel. They come in a number of diameters, lengths and materials. Coated mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, anodized, plastic. They can be counter sunk to sit flush with the panel, be self ejecting with a spring and retained. They can have a groove for a small snap ring so they stay with the panel. As well Southco, Camlock and Airlock all make a range of quarter turn fasteneres used on aircraft and other things. Check out Wicks site at http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_cat.php/subid=329/ and http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_cat.php/subid=5923/index. html That should give you an idea whats avalible.

[Edited on 11/9/05 by madman280]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.