Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: maybe premature but, registration?
john_p_b

posted on 5/9/05 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
maybe premature but, registration?

ok, got my retest tomorrow and i'm semi confident of passing this time (i can always edit this tomorrow )

so what i'm wondering is what do i need to register once i've passed sva?

the guy from the dvla left me with a v55? something like that anyways, has all the vehicle details on it. also a letter that i had stamped when i stamped the chassis number onto the chassis.

is it a case that i simple take these along with the sva pass cert to the dvla office along with my cheque book for tax and then all will be registered or is there more to it than that?

thanks once again for putting up with my questions!

john_p_b

posted on 5/9/05 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
you need insurance and a couple of proofs of id the mac certificate all your reciepts for the car and the form they may ask you for an mot certificate and your cheque book

I.D. = drivers licence and a credit card statement?

insurance = got that today

mac certificate = i presume thats the sva pass?

reciepts = ?! when the dvla bloke came around i asked if i'd need them and he told me they were nice to have but no use! glad i didn't throw em away then!

MOT = ?! wasn't there a thread on her last week about not needing one as it's technically a new vehicle?

cheque book = check

pajsh

posted on 5/9/05 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I specifically asked about an MOT at my SVA last week and was told you don't need one for registration but they recommend you have one after 12 months for peace of mind.

Seems daft that there are basic roadworthy tests that SVA doesn't cover.

The example the SVA man gave was, as far as he's concerned he checks the markings on the tyres and they are the right tyre for the load/speed etc. But they could still be completely bald and pass SVA.

pajsh

Petemate

posted on 5/9/05 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi John. I presume you had your built-up inspection, to get your VIN no, in advance of the SVA. Right - when you go to register the car, advise the official (politely, this helps..) that an MOT is NOT required. Insist if necessary that he/she calls Swansea, who will confirm that a newly built kit, even with donor parts, does NOT require an MOT for three years following SVA. If you need assurance re the build quality of your kit, go to your MOT station and book an inspection "without cartificate". Costs the same, but worth it.
HTH
Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.