Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: replacing steel trasmission pipes with copper
ewanspence

posted on 28/9/05 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
replacing steel trasmission pipes with copper

On my Prelude Auto I am leaking auto fluid. It is the steel pipes going to the oil coller in the bottom of the rad. The steel has perforated and it is now weeping small amounts of fluid. Can I replace this with copper central heating pipe? will the fluid react with copper in any way?

thanks.

Ewan.

Visit the MegaGrip site :-
http://www.geocities.com/ewanspence/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 28/9/05 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
it won't react, I'm pretty sure it should be ok but what pressure is the copper rated to?

I'm not sure but most power steering systems have the cooler loop at full system pressure. Still probably ok but I'm not entirely sure!........................helps if I read the question................auto not pas !!!

should be ok for auto fluid pressures, no worries.

[Edited on 28/9/05 by NS Dev]

britishtrident

posted on 28/9/05 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Honda-Rovers get the same problem --- I suspect exactly the same part (actually surprisingly cheap from ex Rover dealers) however in the Scottish climate the cooler isn't really needed you are safe just to loop the hoses together and join them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.