Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Need some help drawing my chassis.
Miller

posted on 16/11/05 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Need some help drawing my chassis.

Well im making a custom chassis for my 67 Karmann Ghia and im trying to draw it out on a 3d modeling program Solidworks. I just started using solidworks and figured a chassis wouldnt be that hard. Well Its alittle harder then I thought and I was wondering if any of you guys had some Solidworks experience and widom to make chassis out of square bar alittle easier.
flak monkey

posted on 16/11/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Take a look on my website and you can download my CAD chassis in IGES format, which you should be able to open with solidworks.

Draw each tube seperately then put them together as an assembly. Thats how i did it.

You can draw it all as one, and use the 'weldments' feature to trim the ends of the tubes to fit eachother.

It will take you a while, but be patient and you will get there.

I would suggest you draw some other more simple stuff first so you get the hang of the software. Draw stuff from around your house, like tables and chairs etc to get used to using workplanes and sketches properly. Once you have the hang of that you will be away....until you try to do the bodywork

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 16/11/05 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Rorty has a chassis plan for the beetle with a V8 in it. The 67 Karmann Ghia has the same pan shape as the humble beetle so you are more than halfway there

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.