mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/11/05 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Early SNOW warning

We had sleet the other night that turned to ice,
looks like that was just the opener

'Snowstorms on way' for chilly UK
Snow on road
Snow could make for hazardous road conditions
Severe wintry weather is being forecast for the UK, with as much as 20cm of snow causing disruption in some parts by the weekend, the Met Office says.

Snow is most likely in Scotland and eastern England but south-east England, north Wales, the Midlands and Northern Ireland may also be hit from Thursday.

Snow, sleet and hail will be coupled with gale force icy winds and wind chill temperatures as low as -10C.

Snow in November is "unusual, but not unheard of", the Met Office says.

The forecast follows days of freezing conditions across the UK and warnings of hazardous driving conditions due to dense fog.

Nowhere 'immune'

Spokesman John Hammond said the chance of seeing some snow was greater further north and on higher ground, where, coupled with gale force or severe gale force icy winds, it was going to make for "an interesting end to the working week", with potentially dangerous conditions on the roads.

But even on lower ground, several centimetres of snow could fall and nowhere in the UK was "immune" between Thursday and Saturday.

Daytime temperatures are expected to be around 2C to 4C, dropping below freezing at night.

The cold weather is being brought by an icy blast from the Arctic which will sweep south on Thursday, bringing rain, sleet, hail and snow first to Scotland and then to the rest of the country.

The Met Office is predicting a colder and drier than average winter for the UK with more frequent cold snaps.

But Mr Hammond said it was too early to tell whether this week's weather was the start of a severe winter.

He said: "It's been feeling cooler in the last few days because we started November with above average temperatures and it has now dropped to something closer to normal."

The last time winter temperatures dropped below the UK average was 10 years ago in 1995/6.

jonbeedle

posted on 21/11/05 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Won't bother getting my car SVA'd then!

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonbeedle

posted on 21/11/05 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to build a Locost snow plough and go into business!

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daz

posted on 21/11/05 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
just my soddin luck! got my driving test 8:40am friday!
rusty nuts

posted on 21/11/05 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Now you've depressed me ! I hate snow.
Ben_Copeland

posted on 21/11/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Cool i've been waiting to try out my 4x4 on something other thans the farmers field

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

benji106

posted on 21/11/05 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
good look daz mate, I've got my bike test at the same time, looks like ill be freezing my tits off. its been bloody cold on the bike recently, -3 the other morning, not pleasant.

-Everything in excess-

wilkingj

posted on 21/11/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Corr... Thats cheered me up no-end..
I am off sick recovering from an operation deep into the centre of my wrist. Just one hand typin at the moment!

Will have to recover more quickly.. we dont get much snow to play in...
Better make sure the Landy's Battery is well charged..
Its great fun in the snow and ice... Watching all those others who dont know how to drive properly in icy / snowy conditions.

Nowt been done on the Viento since before the Op. But that can wait until its Sunny again...

I have best of both worlds..

Land Rover for Deep Water, Mud and Snow
V8 Viento for Dry roads on sunny days

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

steve_gus

posted on 21/11/05 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
carpal tunnel problems?

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

flak monkey

posted on 21/11/05 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve_gus
carpal tunnel problems?

Caused by too much time on LB?

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

gingerprince

posted on 21/11/05 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Doh! Snow forecast in England, and I'm going snowboarding in France in a fortnight and it's still green!!!
DorsetStrider

posted on 22/11/05 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
Oh I had that problem with my wrist too... doctor said something about too much time on www.ladyboys.com or something....erm....allegedly....erm... I didn't know what he was talking about....HONEST!

On a seriously note... I hate bloody snow for the following reasons...

1) It's bloody cold
2) all we get round our way is the snow that falls from the sky then turns to wet ice the millisecond it touches the ground.
and finally
3) because no other f**ker round my way know's how to drive in it. I managed to drive from Basingstoke to Norwich in HEAVY snow without a problem... but last time it snowed didn't even make it to the main road before some wazzock broadsided me.

Who the f**K tightened this up!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.