Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Worx
speed8

posted on 23/11/05 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
The Worx

Ehhh. I just ordered one this afternoon. Should be ready for collection early January.
All going well I'll have a 2003 R1 with 2600 miles turning up in a few days.

Should be light and fast (and on 13" rims)

Bring it on for 25th March trackday (can't remember where it is though).

mac1

posted on 23/11/05 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy,

the track-day on the 25th March 2006 is The Totalkitcar Live show at Oulton Park,
350 bhp/tonne "bring it on"

fesycresy

posted on 23/11/05 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Mark why don't you put a pinto in the next Worx demo car ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

speed8

posted on 23/11/05 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mac1
Hi Andy,

the track-day on the 25th March 2006 is The Totalkitcar Live show at Oulton Park,
350 bhp/tonne "bring it on"

If all goes to plan I'll be driving to/from the track. Wishful thinking, I hope not.

bigrich

posted on 23/11/05 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
your going to have to get your finger out speed8 a 10 week build time. hope you have enough spare time. It should be a real quick car when finished. congratulations on your choice of kit,good luck with your build ps the st looks really nice
all the best Big Rich

speed8

posted on 23/11/05 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Rich, good to meet you down there. It's always good to meet owners rather than dealers (no offence C&M).
I should admit that I have 9 weeks off work between January and end of March (might go snowboarding for a week or two though).
Fingers crossed

jos

posted on 24/11/05 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
I might be able to give you an update on your chassis when I take mine to Sheffield this weekend.

Good luck with the build and keep us informed about the progress.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

DarrenW

posted on 24/11/05 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Speed8 - well done that man. I can only be jealous of you about to build a very desirable machine. When you said ready for March trackday i thought you must be buying a factory car - 10 weeks is still doable if you have no mishaps and buy everything up front.

Will it be pure track machine or road going?

I hope you havent bought a cage!!!!!!!! I wont be able to bare the temptation of knowing others have such a good looking cage well before me!!!!!!!!

(Mac#1 hinthinthint - the ZR needs a cage developing hinthinthint)

[Edited on 24/11/05 by DarrenW]

DarrenW

posted on 24/11/05 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Pic Rescued attachment 9R works.jpg
Rescued attachment 9R works.jpg

speed8

posted on 24/11/05 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
I doubt they will have started on my chassis by the weekend, I'll be back down next week sometime to sort out colour. Predictable really but going for a deep orange with black wings.
I've sacrificed some weight for a couple of little luxuries like chequer floor plate but balanced that by deciding to have no interior trim kit. Plus the 60kg saving and the fact I only weigh about 70kg when wet should hopefully mean power to weight iro 320+bhp/tonne with driver (or 370/tonne without).

I haven't gone for the roll cage as this is for a road legal track day car but I have added an extra cross brace from the corner above the drivers head to the bottom behind the passenger seat. Just to add a little extra strength there just in case.

Haven't decided completely on wheels tyres but early ideas are minilite or revolution style in black with polished rim running on Avon ACB10's. Just need to check a few things out as it's tight at the rear with discs. I'll have an extra couple of wheels with £5 bargain basements for the fun airfield days when i want the back out on every corner.

I'll keep plenty photos up. Quite exciting really!!!!

DarrenW

posted on 24/11/05 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Im not convinced about colour choice. I see where you are coming from and the reason for it being popular choice but it has been done to death now. There must be another mix that can give max visual impact. I wasnt sure about the demo car at first but after seeing it finished that is a well smart combination. It was a bit bright at first but the black bits compliment it well.

About time lime green came back in Vogue!!!! I reckon i went too dark with mine but ive gone the opposite way to most. Instead of starting bright and toning down ive gone dark and will lift with some graphics.

I dont think you can go far wrong selecting some well known motorsport combos. They had the advantage of a Industrial design team to do theirs, hence the ever popular Gulf scheme etc.

speed8

posted on 24/11/05 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, see what you are saying about the colour but thats what I've been after for ages. Orange and black is just such a contrast, more so than red/black. I also wanted something bright to at least give others the chance to see/avoid me.
Having had black, blue, red, white, etc cars in the past it was time for something a little more bold.

Gulf colours are fantastic on a big car, like a porsche or gt40 but I don't think it quite has the same impact on a seven type shape.

Also, how many times on a drive out do you see a seven type car let alone two the same colour. I used to (still) do a lot of drive outs with the TVR/Pistonheads locals, we rarely saw sevenesque cars out (all at the track most likely). I'm sure there would be a few of the same at any seven's meet. I would imagine the bulk of Caterham meets are yellow.

jos

posted on 24/11/05 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Orange and black (or Tangerine & Schwartz as Mark calls it) is definately the colour of choice for WINNERS.

ALL of the fastest cars are orange & black and that is totally undisputable

(Except for mine at the moment but thats another matter)

DarrenW

posted on 24/11/05 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes, sorry Jos. Forgot about yours (blushes with embarassment)!!!!

Most se7ens will be faster than mine when im driving. I drive like a girl with a new hair do!

To be honest it doesnt really matter what the colour is as long as its not Barbie Pink! The fact it is a Mac#1 means its better than the rest already, colour is just academic after that. Have you ordered the new aeroscreen??? Looks well smart, im fancying one of those, apparently fit Luego's, MK's etc as well. Colin has done some fantastic modelling work there.

jos

posted on 24/11/05 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Eh shes just being temperamental at the mo, nothing more. (B##CH)

I'll pick Cols brain on the aeroscreen as that sounds like a very good idea.

MAC#1 have done a barbie pink Type?R and I think theyve done a second as well.

mac1

posted on 24/11/05 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
The Pink Type ZR passed its SVA today, well done Adam and his dad Paul Palmer.
Just needs registering and it'll be on the road just in time for the snow.

Mark

jos

posted on 24/11/05 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant well done adam & paul.

speed8

posted on 24/11/05 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Have you ordered the new aeroscreen???

[oops] I didn't like it. It was one of the things that put me off the mnr when I saw it. I think the new screen gets too close to that shape for me.

I also think the old type screen would offer a bit more protection for road use (stray stones kind of thing).

O/T sort of.

Got engine today. 2003 R1 with about 2600 miles on the clock. I took the throttle bodies and loom home with me and the rest will probably be down in Sheffield tomorrow so that Colin can jig up an engine cradle.

DarrenW

posted on 25/11/05 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mac1
The Pink Type ZR passed its SVA today, well done Adam and his dad Paul Palmer.
Just needs registering and it'll be on the road just in time for the snow.

Mark

Its official - im going to stop talking about car colours now!!!!!! The hole is getting too deep. i think Barbie pink is well smart on a se7en.

Ive just had closer look at the pic - mmmmmmmmm, looks like Mark needs some further stimulation inhis life, fancy reading a book while.............

[Edited on 25/11/05 by DarrenW]

mac1

posted on 25/11/05 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I was actually drinking coffee, and the 10 minutes of silence was well worth the effort. The next picture was even more incriminating......but we won't even go there.
DarrenW

posted on 25/11/05 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
10 mins

Its us you are talking to - no need to exaggerate

DarrenW

posted on 2/12/05 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
i saw the Worx for the first time yesterday - WOW, what a machine. Looks fantastic. A genuine proven lightweight (rather than a marketing hype exercise). Definitely got me thinking about the future..................

New aeroscreen is also fantastic. Iam very very impressed.

Does exactly what it says on the bonnet! (Motorsports).

zxrlocost

posted on 2/12/05 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
interesting!

anyone got any proven weights yet

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

mac1

posted on 2/12/05 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Hi ZXRLocost,

FYI the Type 9R Worx weighs in at 435 kgs, wet ie with 10 litres of fuel and all fluids.It was weighed by Chris Mason (MK indy owner) on his callibrated scales.

[Edited on 2/12/05 by mac1]

mac1

posted on 2/12/05 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
pic of weight on scale display Rescued attachment IMAG0002.JPG
Rescued attachment IMAG0002.JPG

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.